Gift Card POS Generated Codes Not Valid When Redeemed

Highlighted
2 0 0

Gift cards that are Shopify Printed and Enabled @ the POS are randomly not matching when being redeemed.  We have had 2 cases where the code generated did not match the code on the back of the card...when presented to Shopify support and weeks of emails all I get is "We aren't able to find any issues that would cause this on our end."  Really?  I have customers that have gift cards that can not be redeemed.  Gift cards that were printed by Shopify!  Gift Cards that the Shopify POS system scan when sold to the customer when purchased!  Gift cards by Shopify that are scanned by Shopify POS when the redeemer comes in to use that says invalid!  But Shopify just says it can't find any issues...so we are just going to let this keep happening at random???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 1

Hey Sheryl,

I work on our retail team and can assist you with any gift card issues you are having. 

Are you activating your physical gift card through Shopify POS? Do you see the gift card number in the gift cards section of your admin? What is the specific error you are getting when attempting to scan an invalid git card?

If you would prefer you can email me directy at Nick.D@shopify.com and we can sort this issue out.

Have a great day,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Nick, I will email you all of the information I have from the support staff.

Thank-you, Sheryl

0 Likes