Hardware support

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi,

Will Shopify POS be looking at supporting additional hardware in the future? In particular the Epson TM-T88V Thermal printer?

It would be good to get a range of supported printers in shopify POS. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Nelson,

We are considering the option however we will likely keep it simple with just STAR printer support for the near future.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Nelson,

I am currently using the POS with the Epson TM88V without problems.

Its just a little tricky to setup, but once thats done its pretty straight forward.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi whimsigirl,

would you mind sharing your setup with me? 

I've plugged it into the airport express and the Pos hasn't picked it up as a printer. 

thanks in advance,

Nelson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Nelson,

Just follow the instructions on Vend HQ site.

The link is 

http://support.vendhq.com/entries/21504029-How-do-I-set-up-my-Epson-TM-T88V-Printer-to-work-on-a-wir...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Nelson, Whimsigirl,

We are actually ending support for the Epson Printer in our next 1.0.5 Update. You will need to use the Start Printer on our website to work with future updates. The Epson will not work anymore. We decided it would be simplest to support one printer for the time being.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Andrew,

Thats a little disappointing to hear. Why not support all air-print printers?

Supporting the Epson printers will save user switching over from Vend (like me) from buying new printers just for Shopify POS.

Further more, from where i am from (outside US), finding the exact STAR printer model is a pain. 

1 Like
Highlighted
17 0 0

I totally agree with A.Anis, finding the receipt printer outside of the US is a pain, and it would be greatly appreciated (and so simple thing for you to add) to allow for airprint printers. It would save us a lot of hassle! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Beate,

Well, ive made the painful switch to the Star printer. Had to ship all 3kgs of it from the US.

Cant wait till god knows when Shopify POS will support airprint printers. We need to have the app updated.

0 Likes