How can I make scan-able discount codes for my POS, I want to make physical barcode coupons.

Baylee_Kindig
1 0 0

I know how to create a discount online and I know how to give a discount on POS but I would love to figure out how I can make a scan-able barcode that I can scan so it takes the discount off the cart automatically, you know like at the grocery store.

We have a set up where you buy a "Tour Ticket" which is $5 and I want the ticket to have a coupon on the back for $5 off a $20 or more purchase.

It would be amazing if we could have a scan-able discount code to expedite the process as during our tour days we have too many people trying to check in and out at 1 time.

So this would speed it up immensely. Any help, tips or insight is much appreciated! 

0 Likes
Anders3
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 40

Hi, Baylee!

Anders from the Social Care Team here. Thanks for reaching out today!

There actually is an option for this exact feature currently available in our POS. With certain additions to your subscription, you can sell physical gift cards which can be scanned with either the front-end camera of your iPad/iPhone/Android device or you can use one of our supported 2D barcode scanners. You can read through our complete guide on selling gift cards HERE.

To have this feature enabled on your shop will require a few upgrades to your plan. Our Retail Package and at least the Shopify Plan will need to be enabled to sell physical gift cards. With both the Retail Package and Shopify plan you receive many extra features, as well as the option to use our dedicated hardware. Once you have all of this enabled in your shop, you will be able to sell and redeem gift cards by scanning them into your POS. Our Hardware Store also sells packs of gift cards which you can also customize! You can find those HERE.

If this all sounds like something you want to try, let me know and we can get you started right away. ?

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ari_Yahalom
Excursionist
51 0 6

Hi Baylee,

Our app can do just that :)

Check us out at:

https://apps.shopify.com/giftwizard

0 Likes