How can I sell a catch weight item with Shopify POS?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

My business has products we can sell via online that are priced per item / cs, etc.  This is not an issue and our online store has been a great success.  We are trying to make the POS work for us but I'm seeing a big drawback for us.

We also sell fresh poultry in our Brick n Mortar store.  Chicken, Turkey, Duck, and dozens of products cut from each.  All of this is priced by the pound (think meat market or produce market).  Currently the only way to do this is to have a variant for each differential, and we currently use a resolution of 0.01 lbs to weigh product.  We can adjust that to 0.05 lbs, but we are limited by law how open we can make our resolution of weight.  Just to put a pin in this, a whole chicken weighing 4.0 lbs would necessitate 300 variants at a minimum, for one product out of the litterally dozens we need to have.

Is there currently any POS App available for this type of sale, or are there plans to allow for this type of sale in Shopify POS?  

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Same issue here, I'm guessing that there is not a solution since this was posted 4 years ago. Also I don't understand why does the post indicate that there are 4 comments with a four next to the comment icon yet I don't see any?  Obviously a Shopify newbie here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@CoPOS wrote:

Also I don't understand why does the post indicate that there are 4 comments with a four next to the comment icon yet I don't see any?  Obviously a Shopify newbie here.

I understand the comment icon now, that is the number comments that the person posting has made.

0 Likes