How to post items only available in box store

Sassee147
1 0 0

I have a client that has both the box store, and the online store. There are some products that are only available in store; however, they want the option to have these products appear as inventory in Shopify for customers to be aware that the product is still available.  I had read a previous thread that there is the option to remove the 'add to cart' option and note these items as available in store only; however, the thread was from 2015.  Is there still a way to represent these items in the online store that they are still available for in-person pickup?

0 Likes
mcowles
1 0 0

I have this need as well.  I realize your post is almost a year old, but did you ever get an answer to this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
190 42 34

Hi @mcowles,

Thank you for reaching out about this! I can definitely understand the importance of being able to showcase products you may only have for in person sale to your online customers. This is definitely doable and there are a few ways you can make that happen.

If you are utilizing the Buy Online - Pick Up In Store (BOPIS) then you can create a separate shipping profile for the BOPIS items so that customers won't be able to check them out on the online store OR they can check them out specifically for in-store pickup. This is a fairly new feature we've added and the steps for setting this up can be found in our Help Center here: Setting Up Local Pickup for Online Orders and in our Youtube channel:

Alternatively, you can create custom product templates for items specifically created for in store purchase so that they no longer have an add to cart/buy now button but a contact us button instead (or button of your preference). We have a tutorial for this in our Developer Docs: Create Alternate Templates and if you are using a FREE  Shopify theme then our Theme Support may be able to make this change for you. If you would like our theme support team to assist with this you can create a ticket through our Help Center by following this link. 

Let me know if you have any questions about either of these options. 

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
freya0328
Explorer
135 1 17

I also want to know how to solve this problem.

0 Likes