Integrating 3rd party hardware/software POS

Forestfire
1 0 0

Hi there

I am planning to setup my store with POS integration.

I found Shopify to be the ideal E-Commerce platform. However I also wish to have POS integration for my retail store.

I searched the help site and it seems Hardware integration is limited to only a few brands and models. This is a problem as there are many 3rd party softwares and hardwares to choose from in the market that are better than the apps on the store.

Is there any way I can link 3rd party software/hardware to my Shopify store? (E.g. Square/Vend)

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3517 281 676

Hi @Forestfire,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great to hear you are looking into adding POS to your store and that you will do it with Shopify. You can certainly buy non-Shopify hardware for your POS integration. Something to note is that Shopify does not sell the Complete Kit outside of the United States and Canada but you can buy Shopify hardware if you are based in the UK or Ireland. If you are based outside of the USA, Canada, UK or Ireland you would need to find hardware which isn't Shopify made. You can see which vendors and where to buy POS hardware that is Shopify compatible here

Regarding the software side of things. You can use third party software for your POS, but you wouldn't be able to connect that to your Shopify store, the only way you would be able to connect POS software to your store is through the Shopify POS sales channel

The Shopify POS sales channel does not cost any extra but with the Shopify plan or above you would be able to avail of all of the features.

24-49-3i6ah-7xge1

I hope that helps and answers your questions! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes