Is Shopify POS really going anywhere???

Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 33

After a really promising start and great intentions am I the only one wondering what the roadmap for shopify POS is? We put considerable effort in migrating from Vend last year as we thought that Shopify POS would be a real winner but now i am not so sure. We raised a number of issues and are still waiting for a response on any of them! Andrew and co. seem to be periodic visitors to this forum and seem to just answer 2 or 3 questions when they do review. Shopify POS users like us are rather blind at the moment with no insight into what might be coming down the road or when issues/fixes are likely to be fixed. Within a tough retail environment this is something we could do without.

Unfortunately we are now again reassessing our POS selection, and looking at new options as the current level of communication from Shopify with regards to the future functionality of Shopify POS is really not acceptable. Please prove me wrong guys and just *tell* us what your plans are so at least we can expect some answers and solutions for our monthly fees!

Cyril.

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 14

Hi Cyril,

We have some really amazing features in the pipeline that we're excited to eventually share with you. Unfortunately it's against company policy to discuss our future plans. We really value customer feedback, and use it as a way of prioritizing our roadmap.

Thank you,

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 40

I have to agree with Cyril.  Responses from Shopify are spotty and very selective at best.

If David cannot give us more than exciting features are in the pipeline but can't be commented on yet, that must mean they are no where ready for release and gives us zero information to base our business decisions to stay or leave.  That's like the customer who says "the check's in the mail".

5 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 33

Hi David,

Naturally I understand you are not going to give us exact dates and functionalities, but you need to let us know what is being worked on and what the timelines are, or else paying customers will be considering (like us) to just go elsewhere. The existing functions of POS are very good, but there are obviously serious areas that need to be addressed for it to be a proper POS, or even a usable ones. I have raised three issues in the last month and I haven't received any response to them.. this is nothing to do with new functionality but issues with existing. You need to interact more with your paying customers and give us some proper support.. I'm not looking for company secrets.. just assistance..

Cyril.

4 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 17

Agree with the overall sentiment on here. We're in the transition point of jumping to ShopifyPOS and it would be nice to get some insights regarding feature roll-out. 

To be fair... if you go to lightspeedretail dot com/cloud/features/ that is the roadmap that ShopifyPOS needs to be reaching towards.

"Unfortunately it's against company policy to discuss our future plans" that's fine... but we're talking about a Point of Sale system, not machine learning kiosks genetically modified to sell, package, ship, and manage your retail store. Nothing new under the sun regarding POS functionality is happening, just execution.

When can we expect (this is a rhetorical question btw, I understand company policy regarding plans) established features that have existed in a traditional POS? I'm sure many are excited to incorporate these into their Shopify stores.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 6

"machine learning kiosks genetically modified to sell"...  lol

Let me assure you we have an amazing team working on Shopify POS and we are on a fairly regular release schedule now.  What features do you guys think are missing the most?

Craig

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 17

Completely understood that you have an amazing team at work :D 

1. Search-across all stores (multiple locations) inventory
  2. Inventory Counts
  3. General Inventory Management
  4. Employee/Inventory tracking
  5. Inventory Reconciliation
  6. Transfer items between stores
  7. Par Inventory Levels/Re-order Points
  8. Sales/Refunds Reports
  9. Employee Timeclock
  10. Transaction Logs
  11. Employee Logs

​All of which your team is already aware of. Just chalk this up as a "please" vote.

15 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 6

Multi-store inventory is quite complex, but it's something we're quite interested in as we understand a lot of Shopify POS customers want.  For #2 and #3, can you give me a bit more insight as to what change you'd like?  (Please keep in mind I don't work in our retail group but do speak to them a lot)

Craig

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 40

Missing the most...

1) Editable Price - for "Misc" items or items that have a variable pricing - this is one of those things that does not apply to an online store, but critical to brick and mortar POS.

2) Editable Description - for me this would be to add a serial number or to give a definition to a "Misc" item.

3) Put a sale on hold, being able to come back to it and still add items.

4) Receipts that include Customer name.

5) Show the "Compare at Price" in the POS and be able to print that on the receipt.  I'm sure I'm not alone in using Compare at Price for MSRP. Gotta be able to tell the customer what MSRP is and what a good deal they are getting buying it from me, then show it to them on their receipt as well.

8 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

I am another merchant that switch with the great hope that you would get better, but that has not be the case.  You guys talk about a list of items we have requested, but you do not put it up public where we can vote on it to give you feedback on what we want.  You keep it secret, so that you can keep us in the dark.  The world is going more transparent.  

I want to implement a frequent buys club when some has spent a certain amount of money with us, they quality for a on going discount, but the total are for on-line, in store and outside events.

0 Likes