Is Shopify POS really going anywhere???

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 4

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys!  Planned a whole pop-up road show plan with Shopify POS, and then at the last second found out (despite every support person telling me otherwise) that Staff permissions have little effect in the POS app.  What the heck is that about!?!

Here is what I need, and I think its super super simple.  I need an employee to be able to use the POS, but not be able to see EVERYTHING ABOUT MY BUSINESS!!!  Right now, if I have some kid in Tulsa using my POS for a pop-up, he automatically gets to see every single order my business has ever placed.  All I want to do, is have the POS honor the same permissions settings as the online version, and limit the POS user from seeing my Online orders.  That seems pretty basic doesnt it?

Any plans to make that happen?  Or at least make a POS only show the orders from that POS?  It seems like a very very simple feature to add in.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 16

I think we would all love to see a road map for the PoS and a timeline and then they stick to it. Right now, every suggestion that is made on the forum is met with a "we have it on our list of things to do".

To show them we are very serious about this, Upvote this and maybe with enough votes it'll get the attention it deserves. We NEED to know what features are being developed and when they will release.

I mean come on, physical gift cards have been in beta for months now. In 6 weeks, I'll be wanting to sell gift cards for Christmas, and honestly I don't have faith that Shopfiy will have physical cards out by then.

7 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
66 0 8

I would like to see the following:

1) More control over reporting

2) Better Inventory Management, QTY is not the only thing that changes...prices too

3) Custom Sale?? is just useless, allow for better tracking like give us option to select type,sku, or anything else, specially for variable pricing items, and importantly what tax to apply (no tax, PST,GST, or other %).

4) Why only cash transaction opens cash drawer?? i know some people like that it doesnt open for external/visa/debit but give us the option.

5) Perhaps dev team would get better ideas if they come spend couple of days working the cash in our store...

Alex

1 Like
Highlighted
8 0 0

A way to park sales that can be edited and completed at a later time, after the customer has had time to find more things to purchase!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 42

Five months since this thread stated and still not much progress on most of what has been mentioned.  Customer info has been added to the POS receipt (although it belongs near the top, not at the bottom). Outside of that, not much.

So, I guess the answer is no, Shopify POS is NOT really going anywhere - seems very stalled.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can I add the ability to sell partial quantities please (part litres/metres/kilos). It's a really basic and simple feature everyone else seems to include in their POS systems; why not ShopifyPOS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Sadly almost 1 year after this thread started and POS in the UK are still not really available.

Your store is not eligible for the Shopify card reader

The offer is only available to Shopify stores in US or Canada, and stores that have not already ordered a card reader. Please contact support if you have any questions.

That is, they say, because the Shopify POS can't read Chip/PIN cards - which makes POS useless for all of the EU countries.

Shopify -anyone really listening to our "normal" needs?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
19 0 5
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
19 0 5

@Harold - we're working hard to make improvements.  We're looking at reports, as well as how we handle returns, exchanges and store credit.  Next we want to make customer relationships better.  These are big projects.  We're also going to do our best to hit any quick wins that we can over the next few months.

Thanks for your business and I hope we can tackle some of the big requests we've had over the past few months.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
19 0 5

@Laurentiu,

We're coming to the UK.  It's a lot more work than adding feature to POS as we have to line up financial institutions, code to their platforms, and pass their rather stringent certification requirements.  But we love our UK customers and hope to give you an integrated payment option soon.

0 Likes