Is scanner S740 better than CHS 7Qi??

Stephen34
Shopify Partner
59 1 80
Hey, I have a couple older ipad air 2 I want to use for Shopify pos. Can anyone confirm is any of the barcode scanners are better? Especially regarding staying connected. We will be bringing the iPad in and out of the location so I'd like them to automatically reconnect to the ipad.

I could live with one of the 1d scanners but I'd rather get the 2d because I'm considering doing something using QR codes. But for the register I really just want whatever is most stable.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Stephen34
Shopify Partner
59 1 80

Anyone? I'd love to hear your experience between the older scanner and the newer scanner....even if your experience is just the 1d scanners. I need to get something and I'd trying to decide if the latest versions are worth the money. I can pick up a used CHS 7Q1 for $85 and a S740 is around $300. The thing I'd be most concerned about is good connectivity because there will be times that the only person in the store is extremely lacking in technical ability....so I need to make sure it will stay connected.

Anyone want to share their thoughts on if the new ones provides much advantage over the previous ones? I know the new ones have a couple lights to show connection and they have a led light to show where the scanner is pointed....which may be nice....but $85 vs $300 nice??? I'm not so sure....I have no idea if the usability and connectivity is any better than the previous.

THANKS!

0 Likes