Is there a card reader that integrates with Shopify Payments in the UK?

Nadia_Newton
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm in the process of setting up my Shopify site and will also have a bricks and mortar store, as well as often selling at trade shows. I really like the idea of keeping things simple and as integrated as possible. I would like to go down the Shopify POS route and at the moment think that offering Shopify Payments and Pay Pal Express Checkout sound like good solutions but I don't have a clue about the Card Reader! Any advice would be great.

I have heard of the PayPal Here card reader but from looking through past comments if doesn't sound like it is integrated. Also Izettle? Is there any other options that would work better? 

Could someone explain to me what I would need to do after a transaction so that Shopify POS/ my account knows that the order has been paid. Is it simple? Sorry, I'm a complete beginner and will have to learn as I go. Thanks in advance. 

Nadia

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi Nadia,

We do not have an in-app credit card payment solution for POS in the UK. Shopify Payments will work for your online store alongside PayPal, though.

You can use any other payment solution of your choosing at your brick & mortar. Just mark payment in Shopify POS as an external credit payment type during the sale. Here's a link to more information in our docs.

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
Nadia_Newton
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you Shopify Carson 

0 Likes
Xedite
2 0 0

@Nzdia Newton

Chip reader Ingenico(have different names througout europe) is one of the chip readers that is mostly used in europe. The company Programigos.no have a vend integration for that chip reader and if I remember it correctly they told me once that it was not a problem to create it for Shopify either. You can try to contact them if you want,

0 Likes