Solved

Is there a way to put a collection on sale at one time?

Roostcollection
Pathfinder
97 1 91

Looking for a way to put a collection on sale without having to go to every item to add the compare price.

Accepted Solution (1)
Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

This is an accepted solution.

Hello again!

I'm updating this thread to share that automatic discounts for POS Pro are available as of February 8, 2021. You can find all the details here:

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Hey, @Roostcollection!

Sophia here from Shopify. I can see that setting a collection on sale rather than going item by item would be more efficient, regardless of collection size. I've broken down the options here for both Point of Sale and Online Store price management.

Point of Sale

Currently, automatic discounts and BXGY discount codes aren't available for Shopify POS. However, you will have the option to add either a fixed value or percentage line-item discount or a whole cart discount as a manual action during POS checkout. 

The all-new Shopify POS was built to accommodate new features over time, so while I can't guarantee which features will be added and when, I'm happy to ensure that our developers are aware of this request. Let me know if there's anything specific about your current process and experience with Shopify POS that you'd like me to share with our developers for consideration of future updates. In the meantime, you can keep an eye on the changelog and our monthly What's new at Shopify webinars on Shopify Compass.

Online Store

For the Online Store, you can create an automatic discount or a discount code for an entire collection rather than having to change the price for each item. An added benefit of the discount method is that you can set a start and end date for the sale, so you won't have to reset the prices manually afterwards.

Changing the compare at price is done manually in the admin, though one of the third-party apps for sales and discounts can automate that process for you. For example, Simple Sale allows you to set discounts for an entire collection when you enter a sale percentage.

Roostcollection
Pathfinder
97 1 91

Sophia, This is typical Shopify rape and purge.

Monthly service $79.00

PRO Service (basically for returns)  $89.00 Monthly

That's $168 Monthly

Now you expect me to spend another $10 for a service that YOU (Shopify) should be providing.

Will Shopify Discount my monthly service fee for use of an app that they forgot to put into there system?

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

I appreciate your concern in adding a paid app for this functionality. To clarify, the Simple Sale app was suggested as one potential solution, but you're by no means required to use it. 

These are the options currently available in the POS app or admin at no additional cost:

This request has been submitted to our developers for consideration as a built-in feature. As I mentioned previously, the changelog and our monthly What's new at Shopify webinars on Shopify Compass will keep you updated on feature releases, so feel free to bookmark those resources for your reference. If there are any other specific details about your current process and experience with Shopify POS that you'd like me to share with our developers, please let me know.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

This is an accepted solution.

Hello again!

I'm updating this thread to share that automatic discounts for POS Pro are available as of February 8, 2021. You can find all the details here:

Roostcollection
Pathfinder
97 1 91

Hello Sophia, Clearly you have never been in retail before. But customers tend to respond to visual discounts rather than calculated discounts.

A sale at 50% off

$69 dollars visually with a discount code still shows $69.

$69 dollars with discount applied shows $34.50

Customers will buy more with the idea that they are buying only $34.50

Just like $69 is more appealing than $70

nicolewhitley
Tourist
10 0 23

The online solutions are clumsy and will not drive additional sales since the sale prices are not visible on the product pages. Anyone who does online retail knows you need a visual callout of the reduced price on the product page. This is pretty basic functionality, and given that we pay Shopify $2,000 a month I strongly feel that this feature (the ability to put a collection on sale) should be included with Shopify Plus without the need for yet another add-on app.

hstb
Shopify Partner
140 3 70
1) If the sale price isn't showing on the product page, that's a problem
with your theme.
2) I would say that a more broadly applicable feature request would be to
bulk add tag(s) to a collection's products.

3) An app such as Bulk Product Edit or Matrixify (neither of which I'm
affiliated with) can do both: bulk add tags and bulk change compare at
prices and actual prices.
nicolewhitley
Tourist
10 0 23
1) The sale price does show when I change it manually, so it isn't a
problem with my theme.
2) MY point is that this feature should be available in Shopify Plus
without having to add extra apps (each one of which slows down
performance). We pay $2,000 a month so I think it's more than fair to
request that shopify build out this feature.