Issues and suggestions

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

hey,

love the online shopify services and will be switching from shopkeep POS to shopify POS after Christmas but definitely seeing some issues where shopkeep is way better for the same $49/month fee and wondering if there is any news/feedback/thoughts on the following:

1. more POS access limitations for staff - for example being able to change permissions as every staff currently has access to settings on the ipad. i think this is a really basic feature that should be in place and isn't

2. ability to create more open items? - for example an "open t-shirt" item that could be put in a specific category or collection for reports and analysis. i seems that i can only do "custom sale" and no option for multiple open items.

3. ability to use gift cards online and in store. this is huge, part of why i am switching from shopkeep to shopify even though our in store sales are much higher then online is to bring it all together and it's difficult to have an online gift card system and an in store one that are not connected.

4. any thought given to the option of being able to give products an online price and an in store price? we have product that include shipping and i don't want to have to create double products to create 2 different prices. this might be handy for the people who have multiple locations as they may sell products at different prices in different locations.

5. POS receipt customization - i have noticed that all e-mailed receipts say the myshopify link and not my custom store website and the colours are not our business colours. there is also no option to load a logo and make the receipt more reflective of our business.

6. order report to be able to separate web sales and in store sales - currently there is an option to filter and see in store sales but not filter to see web sales and the filter that does that it doesn't do that. i don't want my online sales to get lost in the middle of in store sales and would be great to have a simple filter that works.

7. access to running report for sales by category and collection. i am not sure if this is available to others but it would be great to have this available to those of us who pay for POS service and Monthly regular payment and transaction fees for cc.

thanks in advance for any feedback on above.

cheers, 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Sohail,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. more POS access limitations for staff - for example being able to change permissions as every staff currently has access to settings on the ipad. i think this is a really basic feature that should be in place and isn't

This is on our roadmap but it's just a matter of prioritizing.

2. ability to create more open items? - for example an "open t-shirt" item that could be put in a specific category or collection for reports and analysis. i seems that i can only do "custom sale" and no option for multiple open items.

What do you mean by an open item? What is the different between an open item and a regular item?

3. ability to use gift cards online and in store. this is huge, part of why i am switching from shopkeep to shopify even though our in store sales are much higher then online is to bring it all together and it's difficult to have an online gift card system and an in store one that are not connected.

Coming soon :)

4. any thought given to the option of being able to give products an online price and an in store price? we have product that include shipping and i don't want to have to create double products to create 2 different prices. this might be handy for the people who have multiple locations as they may sell products at different prices in different locations.

Yes, as you pointed out, multiple prices quickly leads to a concept of multiple inventories and locations. We'll get there eventually just not immediately.

5. POS receipt customization - i have noticed that all e-mailed receipts say the myshopify link and not my custom store website and the colours are not our business colours. there is also no option to load a logo and make the receipt more reflective of our business.

We have this! :) We support full html email customization: http://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/overview/updates-to-store-admin#email-receipts

6. order report to be able to separate web sales and in store sales - currently there is an option to filter and see in store sales but not filter to see web sales and the filter that does that it doesn't do that. i don't want my online sales to get lost in the middle of in store sales and would be great to have a simple filter that works.

We have this too! :) http://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/overview/updates-to-store-admin#orders You can save any filter you make and use it as a tab.

7. access to running report for sales by category and collection. i am not sure if this is available to others but it would be great to have this available to those of us who pay for POS service and Monthly regular payment and transaction fees for cc.

You can run report by "type" of products in our Reports section. Is this what you are looking for? Reporting by collection is not currently supported in Reports but it's on the roadmap.

I hope this helps,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

hey,

great to hear some of the services are in the pipe lines and hopefully get here soon. specially the gift card deal. as for other points here is some additional feedback and i am using an open forum as others may have or may run into same issues.

A. What do you mean by an open item? What is the different between an open item and a regular item?

Q. these would be items that are similar to the "custom sale" option you currently offer. the major difference is i can have an open item that is categorized as a "footwear" item for example so i know when it's sold it's from that collection or category. this allows me to run better reports in each of my categories. currently you guys only offer the "$ Custom Sale" button and there is no system that i can tell in place for "Open Items". hope this makes sense.

A. We have this! :) We support full html email customization: http://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/overview/updates-to-store-admin#email-receipts

B. i have tried and have not been able to make this change myself, editing the POS receipt in the setting doesn't change the bottom of the receipt e-mailed to customers who don't want a paper receipt. it continues to show myshopify address and not my custom domain store address.

A. We have this too! :) http://docs.shopify.com/pos/about-pos/overview/updates-to-store-admin#orders You can save any filter you make and use it as a tab.

Q. this too i have tried. in my setting i only have the option to choose location and not source as it is shown in the link. i contacted someone from shopify over chat and she too couldn't figure it out. choosing "web" showed no orders and choosing my location showed POS receipts. i wanted to create a second location called "Online Sales" as my online store but would then be charged for 2 locations as i understand it. we have a online site and a single store location.  the only way to separate right now is choosing open items so i can see what my online orders are.

A. You can run report by "type" of products in our Reports section. Is this what you are looking for? Reporting by collection is not currently supported in Reports but it's on the roadmap.

Q. i am looking forward to collections report. i can only (with my current professional plan) do reports by product and not by type. i think it's offered to the unlimited package. i was hopeing more reports would be offered to people doing the professional package and POS. when using shopkeep i have access to probably 5-10 times more reports for just $50/month as a POS user. it would be great to have these at shopify.

thanks again for your feedback.

cheers,

1 Like