Lightspeed acquires eCommerce company SEOshop - what does this mean for Shopify?!?!

Highlighted
2 0 0

What does this mean for Shopify / Shopify POS?

Now there is going to be much better competition that Lightspeed has taken the next step to grow their eCommerce platform. To me this means Shopify needs to grow their POS platform or they will start loosing New & Old customers to a company that is serious about growing POS & eCommerce.

Any thoughts from Shopify or current/potential customers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
66 0 9

We are in the process of migrating to lightspeed. I like many of the features they have that shopify won't get, like product cost.  POs, although shopify put in something called transfer which is a less obvious way of tracking incoming products.  Rechargeable gift cards.  Refunds without receipt.  Discount based on customer type. Make certain Products not able to get discounts on. Refunds are actually reported as so on the day they were refunded not created (Shopify still working on this one for over a year). Able to track inventory in different stores.  Products can have more than one vendor.  Categories and Sub Categories (3 levels).  Special Orders. Can get your vendors catalog so it makes it easier to place orders (you have to work with your vendor if lightspeed doesn't have them yet).  Searches are much better, can use part of barcode, part of vendor #, or upc or ean or description, all works. Reports are 10 times better IMHO. Can have Customer accounts with credit accounts. And other features I forgot to mention.  Yes Shopify looks stylish and fancy and overall cleaner..but at the end of the day if we have to get our notepads and calculators out to calculate the days NET sales that too me is a waste of time and money.  We probaby will keep the ecommerce part of shopify and sync our database through API.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks Alex. Is there a service to Sync Lightspeed POS to Shopify eCommerce?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
66 0 9

There is but not free. They used to have it integrated into lightspeed but got removed for new customers, not sure why.  But I'm just creating my own through API.

0 Likes