Looking to update pos, and take in jobs virtually.

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

LIfe would be so much easier if it was that easy hey :) haha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hey Jewelcam, I have been talking to LightSpeed in the past as well, and I am tempted to switch over, but I also need to make sure that it is super easy and dummy proof for my staff.  About 4 years ago, we switched from Diamond Counter to ARMS, and my staff almost caused a rebellion because they were unable to adapt to the new program. 

Because of COVID, we were forced to take our business online, and decided to go the shopify route, which so far has been really good from an ecommerce standpoint. I am having to manually manage inventory if I sell something online or in-store and I have to remember to adjust quantities. 

@Greg_Kujawa  is your Shopify and ARMS Integration something that you did on your own, or was it through a company that anyone else can hire? I'm not the most techie guy out there, but would love to further chat with you about your setup. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
346 24 73

We created the integration internally. I directly sold to ARMS the API that I developed to facilitate most of this in their system. And we created the Shopify integration based on their API so we could bridge the two systems to a degree. We have myself and an in-house web developer who maintain these pieces. Lots of moving parts since we are trying to emerge from the Stone Age and leverage various platforms and integrate using their own published API's --- WaitWhile, Pipedrive, Office 365, etc. :) 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

We haven't made a move yet, but really want to. It seems like such a easy thing for shopify to intergrate within its already exsisting platform, but for now it looks like we'll have to have a different platform to take care of backend things and something to bridge between the front and backend. Sounds expensive to me...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
346 24 73

@WWRareJewels , if the largest gap for your company is the repair job tracking piece then you could always look for a cloud-based solution with API exposure. If such a solution exists for repair job tracking. And if so, get in-house talent or a third party to integrate the two. 

Honestly, if Lightspeed Retail's workorders would've provided granular historical tracking and not their simpler solution it would've been a nice fit. The items exist as dummy SKU's in a way, so that they can be paid for and picked up in their Retail POS just like an inventory item. Their e-com solution isn't truly integrated and is so far behind Shopify's e-com that it's not even close. 

For one of our commercial website projects we contracted these guys for assistance --> https://www.transpacific-software.com/. They are reasonable and turned around things on time. Perhaps they could develop a web-based repair job tracking app that would integrate with Shopify POS. Basically the integration would just push the repair job with its site, customer, descriptive items, internal cost, and selling price from the app into Shopify as a dummy item.

Lots of options, it's just a question of what would be the smoothest and most cost-effective to implement :)   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 6

@Greg

For your setup what do you do when a person pays down on a repair like a deposit? 

0 Likes