Mailchimp List Segment for POS Orders ONLY

Walter_Manning
Excursionist
21 0 25

Hello, 

I've reached out to Mailchimp regarding this issue, but thought I would leave the message here as well. Perhaps Shopify can get it on the roadmap... right behind COG's and a better exchange system for POS... I'll hold my breath. 

It would be nice to attach a tag to where the order came from. Online orders should be denoted as online and POS orders should be denoted as POS. 

I would like to set up order email automation to follow up with customers a few days after their purchase to see how everything went. This wouldn't work for online orders as those customers will have not receieved their orders as they wait for them to arrive through shipping. 

If I could attach a tag to where an order came from then I could easily segment the list in mailchimp and set up my automation. 

I don't want to have to pay for a third party to do this as i already pay mailchimp and shopify and it seems like it should be a pretty basic fix to denote the sales origin. 

0 Likes
BrandonSPX
Shopify Partner
35 0 16

Orders are already tagged by sales channel, which is effectively what you're asking for. I've never used the MailChimp app but I don't think Shopify needs to add any additional functionality here. In the order header data it looks like this:

{ "source_name": "pos" }

I imagine what you want is for this information to be visible somewhere in the MailChimp app right? MailChimp should be able to help you out here.

0 Likes
Walter_Manning
Excursionist
21 0 25

Yes - that info exists in Shopify but when it get's funneled to Mailchimp it just arrives as one source rather than the two different ones. 

I reached out to Mailchimp prior to posting this and they've sent it off for review so hopefully they can figure out a solution. 

However, if I could tag orders as they arrived in shopify I could have the option to segment lists based on the tag when it arrives in Mailchimp. 

0 Likes