May I ask for help promoting my store.

GLEZANT
Explorer
69 4 5

May I ask for help promoting my store. I used the Theme MINIMALIST. Not a single sale in 2 months. Analyze analytics on my own and draw conclusions about what kind of advertising and where to order. I have a small shop with my product design. On Etsy, a store with similar goods has been working for a long time and there are sales there, although recently they have been decreasing, since I work in social networks so that traffic goes to the store on Shopify.

Replies 4 (4)

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

Hey, @GLEZANT!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! I'd be happy to dive into marketing tactics, but before doing so I'd like to suggest having your shop peer-reviewed to test out its user experience. While marketing is crucial, it's important to ensure your shop has everything it needs before spending time, energy, and potentially money on marketing. Otherwise, this can result in driving traffic to your store, and yet no conversions.

You're welcome to provide your shop's URL here, and I'd be happy to peek through your shop and offer some feedback. Alternatively, you can create a new posting with your shop URL in the Feedback on My Store section of the Community. This will attract additional experienced members of the Community that have feedback to share.

As a part of your business plan (see step four of this guide), it's important to develop a marketing plan. Do you have a clear and specific outline of who exactly your target market is? Creating buyer personas is an effective way of approaching your marketing, so I recommend doing so before getting started if you haven't already. Among other things, this will help you in considering which platform your target market spends their time on and thus how you can reach them.

We recommend obtaining a minimum of 1000 visitors in the last 30 days before reviewing conversions for an accurate reading. Ideally, we like to see our merchants' conversions stand somewhere between 2-4%. However, it'll be difficult to determine why your shop may not be in that segment without looking at the data, reviewing your shop's user experience, well as understanding what exactly you've been doing to market so far.

I hope this information helps lay some groundwork to point you in the right direction. Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify or if you have any other questions!

Cheers.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

GLEZANT
Explorer
69 4 5

Thanks for your feedback. I will be glad if you will conduct a peer review of my store. (Glezant.com). I put the store in the reviews section twice. This correspondence can probably be seen. However, over the past 30 days I have 368 visits, and for the entire time from 15/02 - 1126 visits. That is why I am asking for help.
I have an idea of ​​my customers based on statistics from my Pinterest account.
My audience is Europe, USA and other English-speaking countries, women from 24 to 54
Since I have been actively operating a similar store on Etsy since 2015 (www.etsy.com/ru/shop/Antosha45), and they come there mainly from Pinterest. This is confirmed by simple reasoning that I am creating something that was not there before, so this is not searched for in queries. My products must be seen first. True, recently on Etsy and one even on Amazon, several of my "followers" have appeared. I cannot say how much they are competitors to me. At prices I offer a cheaper product, the rest of my subjective opinion is also in my favor.

GLEZANT
Explorer
69 4 5

I still haven't received any help with "peer reviewing my store to validate its user experience." I absolutely agree with you that I need it.
Maybe you haven't received a link from me or you need something else from me? When I can get a response from you, you wrote that you would like to see my store. Please answer, will you do this and in what time frame?
I'd love to get 1000 hits in the last 30 days, but I only have 1/3 of that. Looking forward to real help.
I am promoting my site GLEZANT through Pinterest to the detriment of my store on Etsy, but for some reason the charts below do not confirm this. Why?

MayAll Pines     60 daysAll Pines 60 daysGLEZANT  60 daysGLEZANT 60 daysETSY   60 daysETSY 60 daysbe you haven't received a link from me or you need something else from me? When I can get a response from you, you wrote that you would like to see my store. Please answer, will you do this and in what time frame?
I'd love to get 1000 hits in the last 30 days, but I only have 1/3 of that. Looking forward to real help.
I am promoting my site GLEZANT through Pinterest to the detriment of my store on Etsy, but for some reason the charts below do not confirm this. Why?

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

Hi, @GLEZANT!

Thanks for sharing all this information with me. I appreciate your patience, as I was away the last week. I've taken a look at everything you've provided and would be happy to offer my feedback.

First of all, I'd like to say that I absolutely love your products! They are very unique and niche items. That being said, I don't feel as though your branding accurately attunes to what it is you're selling. I'll be diving into some actionable steps you can take to improve the visitor experience of your shop.

Home page

There's quite a bit of whitespace and clutter on your home page. While whitespace can be intentionally utilized to emphasize focus on certain important aspects of your site, at this point in time the whitespace on your home page in combination with the clutter of information doesn't draw any focus. I find myself skimming through your home page, rather than intentionally browsing. Cleaning up your home page can go along way to keep a visitor engaged. You may also find some useful tips in the How to Design Your Home Page section of our How To Design Your Online Store (with Zero Design Experience) Shopify Compass course.

Font

You mentioned that your target market is women between the ages of 24 and 54 residing in English-speaking countries; which means I fit right in that! Keeping that in mind, your branding doesn't feel like it's geared to me, and perhaps to most of your target audience. Your font appears to be more of a 'typewriter' style and isn't very reader-friendly. Simply put, doesn't captivate my attention. I recommend selecting a font that is more accessible and easier on the eyes. You can learn more about how fonts make an impact in this guide.

Branding

I already touched on branding a little bit above, but I'd like to focus a little more on this aspect. While I adore your products - and am technically in your aforementioned target audience, I don't feel as though your shop's branding draws me in. As an entrepreneur, I understand how easy it is to focus on what I think would look best rather than focus on what attracts my target market. Zeroing in on the demographics of your target market and building a buyer persona can help a lot when it comes to branding your business. What emotions are you trying to evoke in your visitors? Check out our How to Build Your Brand From Scratch guide for more branding tips!

About page

I'm glad to see you've already created an About page! This is one of the most important pages to have on your website to encourage trust in your brand, as it's often the first place new visitors will review to learn more about your business. An About Us page is your opportunity to really sell your business - to convince a visitor why they should buy from your business rather than a similar shop. This page should include who you are - which you've already accomplished! It does seem as though most of the focus on your About page is who you are; however, there are other points you're going to want to touch on. This page should also consist of why (the problem your target market is facing), what you sell (the solution to their problem), and what your mission is. Our How to Write an About Us Page will delve deeper into different ways you can express your story to your customers. You may also want to upload higher resolution images, as a couple of the images appear to be blurry and don't come off as professional.

Privacy policy

It also looks like you've added your store policies through our policy generator templates. I noticed your Privacy policy page hasn't been edited and still has the template placeholders:

23-59-lz6mw-uyuvm

These are fantastic to start off with; however, it's a good idea to go through them and ensure they make sense for your business.

Marketing

After having improved your shop's user experience, you'll want to focus on marketing. I wouldn't jump to marketing until these changes are complete, as you may drive traffic to your shop that will only "bounce off". (See While Etsy and Google analytics are outside our scope of support, I'd be happy to assist you with what you can do for marketing on the Shopify end of things. What does your Shopify Analytics sessions over time report show, when set to the last 30 days? Keep in mind you can also add a column to your report to display which referrer site your visitors arrived to your shop by:

21-05-2j3s0-0erb4

As well as the Bounce rate:

21-05-9yk73-p4yrz

What is your bounce rate currently at for the last 30 days?

Pinterest is a great place to market your products for your target market. While I personally don't use Pinterest and haven't had marketing experience through that platform, I encourage you to read through our Marketing on Pinterest guide for more information on how you can utilize it to drive traffic to your shop. Are there any other places aside from Pinterest that you've incorporated in your marketing plan? I see you already have an Instagram. Since your products are very visual, it may be worth investing some more time in Instagram marketing. We have some great Shopify Compass - Marketing courses that can help you with Instagram and influencer marketing!

I hope this helps with the next actionable steps for growing your business. Please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify.

Cheers.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.