Moneris pre-authorization

Taylor1978
Tourist
9 0 4

Hello,

I've been struggling trying to figure out how to accept a credit card authorization with the moneris terminal and shopify POS.

If I'm renting out some of our equipment I would like to authorize the customer card for the value of the equipment and then only charge the customers card for the actual rental time once the equipment is returned in good order.

Anyone know how can I make this happen?

THX

Taylor1978
Tourist
9 0 4

It seems this is not possible?

Can anyone confirm this or confirm that I'm a dummy and show me how blatantly obvious and easy this is to do?

Cheers

jeton333
2 0 0

I have the same need and would really like a solution also. Thank you for posting this. 

0 Likes
Simforthegold
1 0 0

Hi,

Did you find a solution to your inquiry?

0 Likes
Taylor1978
Tourist
9 0 4

No solution for this that I can find.

I tired my own work-around by taking a deposit from a customer, then I was going to refund the difference or if it went over the deposit amount just refund the deposit and re-invoice for the correct amount (a completely silly process).

I found out that if your customer pays by debit you can't even refund the purchase. At all. A debit transaction appears to be final sale. I had to give back the difference in cash from this till. Not very professional. This needs to be addressed as well unless I'm doing it ALL wrong...

Cheers

0 Likes