Music Interruption

Walter_Manning1
Tourist
7 0 3

We also run a music app (RDIO) from our iPad and it won't work whenever the shopify POS app is opened. We played around with all the sound controls in settings and rebooted the iPad, but the problem continues. Is there a solution for this that I'm unaware of?

0 Likes
Michael147
Excursionist
36 0 14

We have discovered the same problem.

It works fine for all other apps, just Shopify POS.

0 Likes
Dylan_Blanchar1
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
86 0 19

Hey Gents - this is probably an app issue, versus a setting issue. And will require an update. 
I'll check in with our POS team and let them know about this. 

Thanks for pointing it out!
Dylan

UX Researcher | Shopify
Michael147
Excursionist
36 0 14

Dylan,

Is there any update on this? There have been several updates but this is still a problem.

0 Likes
Jess_Rossiter
2 0 1

Hi,

I have your solution!

Are you using Spotify?

Open your music player, press play and then pause on the song

Then open Shopify and place your finger and the bottom of the screen and pull up slightly to open the media player

Press play there instead of using the Spotify app

Konstantinos_K4
1 0 0

Hi, is this solution supposed to work on online music players like an online radio? I have tried to do what you suggested but it only starts for a few seconds and then stops completely.  Can you suggest anything else that I could do?

0 Likes
Jayden2
1 0 1

This doesn't work.

When will this be resolved Shopify?

Jason_Niles
3 0 0

Hello, we are also having the same issue. When we make a sale our music in our store is required to be interrupted because of the Shopify app. Most other apps do not do this.

0 Likes
Luca_Carbone
1 0 1

Same here! :( really frustrating!!

Chris_Glenn1
Tourist
6 0 1

Shopify uses the headphone jack to process credit cards, so it needs to take over the audio functions of the iPad.  Just like if you were listen to Pandora and then switched to iTunes.  You can't run both at the same time.  Get another iOS device for music or better yet, get legal and try DMX-Pandora for business.

0 Likes