Need Company Name when creating a customer

Michael_Barber
Tourist
6 0 2

We are using the POS system for territory sales reps selling our product in different cities, all to business. When selling, they need to collect the customers company name, but I am not finding a company field in the app. Any solutions?

0 Likes
Jami
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
209 1 26

Hi Michael, 

Jamie here from Shopify. That's excellent feedback! At this time the POS application is not designed with a company field when adding a customer to an order. This can be added as a 'note' field when creating a customer on the fly using the POS app, or added manually into the online admin for that customer account. I'll put you down as a +1 to have this added in future iterations of our POS app! 

Cheers,

Jamie

0 Likes
Bradley_Markham
Excursionist
12 0 8

We really need this feature too... Why in the world would there not be a field for Company Name available in the POS app? Shouldn't be too hard to add, I'd think?

0 Likes
Bradley_Markham
Excursionist
12 0 8

Is there any update on this? Adding a company field to the POS system is a no-brainer and seems like it would be easy!

0 Likes
AdamBecevello
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 0

Hi everyone,

The ability to enter the company name for a customer was added to Shopify POS with version 3.8 released on July 4, 2016.

Thanks,

Adam

Shopify POS Developer

0 Likes