New Shopify POS

Highlighted
2 0 0

At Unite 2019 (almost a year ago) Shopify announced a new version of POS. Did i miss this or has this version every been released. 

The reason I ask if we have a catalog of over 20.000 products and this was too big to use the old (or current) version of shopify POS as the ipads just don't have enough memory to handle this amount of data. I was hoping the new version might solve this and have been waiting for the next version.  

Anyone with any insight into this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
51 2 22
I don't know about the product release, but we have 24000 skus (variants; fewer products) and can use the iPad app without any problems.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the reply but we still get any error when the epos app on the (high spec) ipad tries to import all the products. after about 20 mins of trying to import the product we get a "something went wrong during import" message which we have been told is due to the amount of sku/products in our store.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the new version to be released.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 5

I got the new POS on my iPad today.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

i have 110k variants and the POS worked fine for the last 8 months on my generation 6 ipads.   i updated to the new version last week and today two of them crash while syncing products.  the POS is just that A PIECE OF SHIT

0 Likes