Open or On-Hold orders

Paul_C
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I saw a previously thread (which is now closed) which asked about the ability to have order "open", or "on-hold".  If a customer decides during checkout to go back and continue shopping, we need to be able to put that order "on-hold" and re-call it later.  

The response from Shopify 9 months ago was that this was being looked at.  Is there any time frame on this feature? 

0 Likes
Harold_Steinhar
Explorer
52 0 46

Apparently not.

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi Paul and Harold,

We've just released version 2.4 of Shopify POS to the App Store. It includes a new function we're calling Saved Carts. You'll be able to save a cart of products, customer information, discounts, etc, and be able to retrieve it later when the customer is back from browsing.

Our documentation walks through the feature in more detail. Enjoy, and please feel free to give feedback right here on the forums.

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
Harold_Steinhar
Explorer
52 0 46

Just updated.  Does not connnect to my network printer or cash drawer.  Brings my business to it's knees.  How do I roll back? Immediately!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Please get in touch with support, Harold. We'll get you set up again fastest there.

0 Likes
Harold_Steinhar
Explorer
52 0 46

Spent well over an hour on the phone.  No luck.  I can't use 2.4 and I can't roll back to 2.3.  I'm hosed!

I have 2.3 on another iPad and it prints receipts and controls the cash drawer just fine.  But I cannot leave that iPad at the main sales desk.  It is a problem with the 2.4 update!

0 Likes
Julianne_Walth1
8 0 0

We just moved to Shopify POS from Vend because you added this feature but sadly we discovered today that it doesn't appear to traverse different iPads.  At our quilt shop, we use multiple iPads to create orders (cutting stations for fabric) and save the cart and then retrieve the cart at our checkout desk.  It doesn't appear that the saved cart is saved to the network - only locally.  Are we understanding this wrong?

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi Julianne,

You're right, saving carts for later retrieval is local to each iPad. Syncing these for retrieval on POS on another iPad is great feedback I'll take to our team.

0 Likes
Leslie_Plank
4 0 0

Any chance you can have the saved carts deduct the items from inventory?  We have a small boutique and frequently we hold items for customers (they see the item on facebook, ask us to hold it until they come in).  Sometimes we hold items for a couple of days, during that time, we might sell the last of the item online, but since it is on hold for a customer, it is then "oversold".  If we could put together a saved cart for the holds order, and the items are taken out of inventory, then it would get us around the current inventory we are having.  Unless you have a better solution...

0 Likes
Melissa_Cherry1
1 0 0

"You're right, saving carts for later retrieval is local to each iPad. Syncing these for retrieval on POS on another iPad is great feedback I'll take to our team."

Are there plans to sync saved carts between iPads. This feature was available on our previous system and is crucial in the way we run our business. Are there plans to make this feature available with Shopify?

0 Likes