Open or Variable Price item in POS

MAP2
1 0 1

Perhaps the solution is to start making waves about this enormous problem for small retailers (me included) outside of this Forum; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  Maybe then, Shopify will take notice and come up with a solution.  The app mentioned in an earlier post apparently won't work for everyone.  And of course there is the monthly fee for it.....

HKJ
Pathfinder
84 4 11

@MAP2 wrote:

Perhaps the solution is to start making waves about this enormous problem for small retailers (me included) outside of this Forum; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  Maybe then, Shopify will take notice and come up with a solution.  The app mentioned in an earlier post apparently won't work for everyone.  And of course there is the monthly fee for it.....

They'll notice a lot quicker if people leave...

Someone (me?) should start a topic listing the features Shopify doesn't offer which would seem basic to a POS. I personally don't have a great need for a variable (open) price product, but I can see where in certain stores it would be essential. 

0 Likes
Msunflower
Tourist
3 0 1

Yeah My year is up in July and I’m leaving.  Going to square.  Cheaper and better features even in the free version.

0 Likes
MikeLLLL
2 0 0

whilst its not an open price.. our MSM sent over this solution this morning for a price override in the new POS. this is a win for us

image.pngimage.png

0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
84 4 11

@MikeLLLL wrote:

whilst its not an open price.. our MSM sent over this solution this morning for a price override in the new POS. this is a win for us

image.pngimage.png

It's a solution to reduce the price. It doesn't work to raise the price.

I think adding a custom sale to the order is a good solution for that in some cases.

0 Likes
KingsStat
Excursionist
37 1 6

And if you put a high price by default so you can 'price override' down to your required price, you get stupid discounts printed on the receipt...

Can't believe how long such a basic feature has been ignored.

0 Likes