Open or Variable Price item in POS

MAP2
1 0 4

Perhaps the solution is to start making waves about this enormous problem for small retailers (me included) outside of this Forum; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  Maybe then, Shopify will take notice and come up with a solution.  The app mentioned in an earlier post apparently won't work for everyone.  And of course there is the monthly fee for it.....

HKJ
Pathfinder
85 4 13

@MAP2 wrote:

Perhaps the solution is to start making waves about this enormous problem for small retailers (me included) outside of this Forum; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  Maybe then, Shopify will take notice and come up with a solution.  The app mentioned in an earlier post apparently won't work for everyone.  And of course there is the monthly fee for it.....

They'll notice a lot quicker if people leave...

Someone (me?) should start a topic listing the features Shopify doesn't offer which would seem basic to a POS. I personally don't have a great need for a variable (open) price product, but I can see where in certain stores it would be essential. 

Msunflower
Tourist
3 0 3

Yeah My year is up in July and I’m leaving.  Going to square.  Cheaper and better features even in the free version.

MikeLLLL
2 0 0

whilst its not an open price.. our MSM sent over this solution this morning for a price override in the new POS. this is a win for us

image.pngimage.png

0 Likes
HKJ
Pathfinder
85 4 13

@MikeLLLL wrote:

whilst its not an open price.. our MSM sent over this solution this morning for a price override in the new POS. this is a win for us

image.pngimage.png

It's a solution to reduce the price. It doesn't work to raise the price.

I think adding a custom sale to the order is a good solution for that in some cases.

KingsStat
Excursionist
37 1 7

And if you put a high price by default so you can 'price override' down to your required price, you get stupid discounts printed on the receipt...

Can't believe how long such a basic feature has been ignored.

0 Likes
digimatt
Tourist
5 0 7

They're *almost* there with the price override option, it just needs to not show as a discount on the receipt, and perhaps let you increase as well as decrease the price.

0 Likes
erindawn1011
1 0 0

This could work BUT I think it’ll look like items were discounted and could mess up analytics? I’ve never noticed this button before, must be new!

0 Likes
rwchampin
Tourist
4 0 2

Hey guys - im just replying in general to everyone about this here because your comment is the first one currently haha

Anyway, you can do this pretty easily with the JS API - I'm a Shopify Developer and all you need to do is make a new product template that has the product form in it and use JS to grab the quanitity, price and product ID and with JS Storefront, create a new product, save it and charge it! 

0 Likes
digimatt
Tourist
5 0 7

Not particularly ideal when you have a lineup of customers at the cash register. Just allow price overrides or add another field or two to the custom sale function.

0 Likes