Open or Variable Price item in POS

2 0 4

I see several posts on this topic, gong back as far as 2014.  I did not find any post of a resolution or innovation.  Anyone have an update?

I'd like to have a couple products in my POS that are open priced.  That meaning that I have an item set up & can assign price for each order.  For example, we have small quantities of fabric we run out as remnants.  Each is has a different price and all are tracked as one inventory item in our system.

I know the work around, I am asking if there is actual resolution to the issue.  We are too fast paced to type in descriptions, using the work around, on each transaction.

4 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Please. This is a big deal.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I just spent a few hours trying to hack through this one myself and the "guru" that I spoke with felt that this is a novel request, yet I don't feel it is. At this point, while it is not helpful advice, all I can say is that POS stands what most people think it stands for, and that is not "point of sale"......

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

I'm so glad people are talking about this! We also need this feature. We sell products at fixed prices but we also have repair services that have no fixed price. We'd still like to track the repairs and their associated analytics but don't want to use Custom Sale each time which I don't think will track what we want.

Any solutions??

Thanks

Heather

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Please update this Shopify! I have 4 shopify online stores and I really want to use the POS for my bricks and mortar store but we simply cant use Shopify POS until they put in an option for either a product with variable/open price or make it possible to have some trackable categories in the custom sale option. There would be so many more stores using this POS if they would update this feature. Currently I am using the paypal here app which allows you to create trackable categories and  you enter the price each time. Shopify will you be adding this as a feature? Or can anyone recommend an affordable POS with this feature?

1 Like