Option to create customer password in POS

Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 12

I create new customers in POS. There is no way for my customer to log in on my website and see their orders / create new orders.  Why is this not a part of POS app?  From what I understand I would need to send an invite to the customers...Which would most likely go into there junk mail.  Isn't the idea of shopify is in-person and online. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
135 4 56

That's an interesting one @rainwater, because I actually think this is not the intended use for POS.

Look here for example:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-in-person/associate-customer

This is strikingly similar to the capabilities you have in the online store. I think that's in purpose - having users log in to you website and be able to do all sorts of actions is not really a core part of Shopify (unlike some other platforms like Wordpress with memberpress, for example). 

One way to go around it is to find an embedded app that is compatible with POS, that will allow you to create member zones in your application. Like this one:

https://apps.shopify.com/recurring-memberships (not tested, but I'd give it a spin for its money).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 12

Why do you have both a POS / online in shopify and it not work for the same customer? They are added into customers just like an online order. I actually make a living with a brick and mortar store so why would I not want my customers to have the same account in my online shop? and do it easily without putting extra work on the customer.  You mean actions like buying stuff, seeing what is new in my shop?    A membership app is not what I am talking about. It is for retail.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
135 4 56

Let's play it differently. What is the end result you are looking for? Something like:

1. Customer comes into your store

2. Customer purchase an item

3. Customer can go home, open his computer, and see a list of all of his orders on your website?

If there isn't already an app for that, there should be. I will be in front of my machine later today (on mobile) and will take a better look on how to make this happen.

0 Likes