Order Management Discussion

LongPH
Shopify Partner
20 1 3

Hi everybody,

We're currently working on an order management app for the App Store, and we are somewhat stuck at the idea process. This post is basically to gain insights on whatever problem it is retail stores often encounter when managing orders, and from that, we could try to solve it with a Freemium app. You might even receive support right here from other merchants!

I'm referring any sort of stores that struggle with receiving, organizing & fulfilling orders. You could have 10 or 10,000 products, 1 or 1,000 orders per month, it doesn't matter. What matters is that you want to improve the management process and save some time and effort doing it. 

Here's a few questions for you to think about:

1. What aspect of managing orders do you struggle with the most? Receiving, organizing or fulfilling? Or some other aspects?
  2. And why?
  3. When you receive an order, what attributes of that order do you care about? What attributes do you want to know right away?
  4. When you receive an order, which attributes make you the least excited to deal with? Too many products, shipping too far for example?
  5. When organizing orders, what kind of criterias do you use? How do you categorize the orders? Based on the product variants, payment option or order value?
  6. How do you choose which order to fulfill first? Which order to fulfill later? 
  7. When fulfilling orders, what kind of problems do you encounter? Do you struggle with inventory, payment, delivery or customer support?

There could be many questions you could consider, but if you want to shape your insights in your own understanding, be my guest! 

I don't have a degree called "Shopify Order Management", but after a few months digging through the Community & market place, I'm sure I could help you all somewhat!

0 Likes