PHYSICAL GIFT CARDS?

brockpw
Tourist
5 0 4

It does, I have been using it for over a year now. This is assuming you have your products created for it. But once you select your desired value, it then prompts you too scan the card to "activate" the given amount. Then proceeding to the checkout screen.

HKJ
Explorer
61 4 6

I'm using the POS on an iPad, I enabled physical gift cards, but it's not asking me to activate a card...

Do I need to make a different type of product listing?

0 Likes
HKJ
Explorer
61 4 6

Oh, I see, I need to use the regular gift card product. I had made a physical gift card product which worked like a regular physical product. Thanks.

brockpw
Tourist
5 0 4

@HKJ wrote:

Oh, I see, I need to use the regular gift card product. I had made a physical gift card product which worked like a regular physical product. Thanks.

@HKJ wrote:

Glad you got it figured out!

selina10261
Excursionist
77 0 7

I don't seem to understand what you mean, can you be more specific?

0 Likes
HKJ
Explorer
61 4 6

@selina10261 wrote:

I don't seem to understand what you mean, can you be more specific?

In the payment settings on the iPad Shopify POS app, there's an option to turn on "accept physical gift cards".

Once you've done that, when you check out a gift card product, the camera will open, and you can scan the QR code.

See this message (and ignore my follow-up):

https://community.shopify.com/covpk78932/board/message?board.id=shopify-discussion&message.id=235168...

@Miles wrote:

Hi, @wyndrose!

To answer your question, I just want to make sure your POS app is set up correctly to accept physical gift cards. Follow these steps to make sure both gift card payment AND physical gift cards are activated:

1. From Shopify POS, tap ≡ > Settings > Payment settings.
  2. Tap Gift Card.
  3. Tap to toggle the following options:

Note: Accept gift card payments for gift cards that you can print and email to customers. Accept physical gift cards for physical gift cards.

Once that is turned on, when you add a gift card to the cart in the POS app, you will be prompted to scan the barcode or manually enter the gift card code.

If after activated the payment method you're still not able to load the gift cards, please let me know here, or chat with our live support team.

0 Likes