POS APP VERY SLOW TO PROCESS SALES

Cameron13
Excursionist
15 0 6

Hi, 

The shopify pos app has been really slow in completing orders and printing receipts (takes about 1 min for receipt to print once you have clicked “charge”).

I have attached a screenshot of what comes up on the app.

https://imgur.com/a/sCFJJ

I have a stable and fast internet connection. It is also happening in all 9 locations I have this app running at. So it is app related, not my connection.

Patrick_Ryan
Tourist
18 0 3

Exactly the same issue here.  Must be related to some recent updates.  It's making it almost impossible to use the POS APP. 

0 Likes
MigVin
1 0 0

Same here! for about a month now

0 Likes
Mary_Neville1
1 0 0

For the last two days, receipts are printing extremely slow (taking up to 30 seconds) or they won't print at all... When they do not print automatically (even though I have the setting set to print). I have to manually request a receipt. The first request does not print, then the 2nd time I request it prints, but takes about 20-30 seconds to process.

0 Likes
Eddy4
Excursionist
29 0 7

Hi All I have the same problem. 

I took a video to show them what I ment by slow checkout this is what Shopify had to say.

Hi Eddy,

Thanks so much for your reply!

I'm glad you were able to get the app updated and check the checkout performance speed there. While I understand that you find it to be a bit slow, from the video you provided, my POS team was able to take a look and determined that there isn't anything unusual about the speed at which an order is processed. Having said that, there isn't a fix as there doesn't appear to be an issue with the speed at which the order is processed. I completely appreciate and feel your need to be able to checkout your customers as quickly as possible.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and I'd be glad to help :)

Jennifer
Shopify Guru

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.
0 Likes
Cameron13
Excursionist
15 0 6

What is annoying me is that this app is getting worse with every update. It used to be really fast, so I do not see how this is an improvement and/or why they would make this change.

While the issues that people have been asking for have been unanswered: inventory management, loyalty program, square product images, afterpay integration, account customer management, etc.

0 Likes
Lucy_McEvilly
4 0 0

Mine has been the same for a couple of weeks now and i have been going back and forth to CS with no luck! The POS has been very glitchy for me for the last while with issues adding shipping to POS sales and even more issues with processing cards on the Chip & Pin terminal. Hopefully they are sorted out soon or i will be forced to look at another POS

0 Likes
John167
Tourist
3 0 1

Getting the same thing here, almost ready to leave Shopify. The updates to the POS App continue to break and make things worse to a point its almost unusable and we are seriously consindering leaving.

0 Likes
John167
Tourist
3 0 1

Extra info I've found regarding this issue:

• It is still happening with the latest POS App update (4.5.5)
  • The type and size of the order does not seem to determine if it takes 10 seconds or 60 seconds to process.
  • If you turn off Wifi on the Ipad so there is no internet connection the transaction is instant!
0 Likes
Eddy4
Excursionist
29 0 7

I think Shopify needs to have a beta test team of actual merchants all over the world.

This way they can make sure new releases have minamal bugs. 

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Technology should be simple enough for anyone to use.