POS CC readers

Carol_Lynn_Lapo
4 0 0

I am opening a brick and mortar shop and needing to get all the stuff (ipad stand, cash drawer, receipt printer, etc). Do I need the fancy chip,swip, tap reader or is the other one work fine?  I see that is out of stock and back ordered. Thoughts on this?  Also is there a benefit of getting a bluetooth receipt printer vs a wireless one?

lots of questions and coming from a square world doing in-person sales just at events!

-Carol Lynn

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1748 194 435

Hey there, Carol-Lynn 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

Those are some brilliant questions. If you are based in the US you would be eligible for the free card reader and should be able to order this from your admin. The main benefit that the back ordered tap, swipe and chip reader has over the basic reader is that it also allows for Apple Pay, Android Pay, and contactless cards.

The main benefit the WiFi receipt printer would have over the Bluetooth one is that it would be capable to connect to desktops without Bluetooth capability, a desktop would not be used for a POS set up so this really shouldn't matter either way! The Bluetooth printer happens to be a little faster. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

0 Likes
Carol_Lynn_Lapo
4 0 0

Do you know when the backordered reader will be available?

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1748 194 435

We expect to have this back in stock by Friday the 5th, feel free to place your backorder now to get your reader as soon as possible. I would also recommend checking out our Introduction to Shopify POS webinar if you have the chance. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

0 Likes