POS Classic Retires November 1st. All New POS lite vs POS Pro ~ Opinions?

Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 18

I gave the New POS a try when they released it a little while ago, and we decided it wasn't for us.  

Well, now we don't have a choice.  I've read over PRO and I don't see anything there that would warrant a subscription.  So now we have to find all the work-arounds in Lite. 

I posted previously some of my problems with the new POS, and never heard anything. So I'm curious if those have been rectified. I'll be digging into it over the next few weeks. 

I am curious how other retailers are planning for the transition. 

Thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 2

It is very much in beta. Tipping was only added a couple weeks ago. We have constant connectivity problems with the chip and pin reader. It lets my guys draw down stock when the inventory reads 0 (big headaches when we do shipping, delivery, and retail). 

Not impressed, likely to switch next week. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Matt,

Where did you read that Classic was retiring on 11/1?  We are on Pro and are having a lot of connectivity issues with the barcode scanner and card reader.   So naturally we are thinking of switching back to classic.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
30 0 18

We got an email from Shopify.  Here's a little snipit. 

"Subject: Important news about your POS

The all-new Shopify POS will replace POS Classic starting November 1

Make the switch now to get familiar with new features, and ensure you and your staff are ready to take on the holiday rush with the all-new POS."

We have connectivity issues with hardware all the time even on classic. Mostly the receipt printer.  Closing an re launching the app works for us.   

I'm trying to get a straight story about the POS Lite version. They keep wanting us to test pro, but I don't know if we need the functionality or not. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

We also are not happy with being forced to upgrade to the new POS pro.    If we stay with POS Lite, we are actually losing features (ie: save cart), that we had in POS classic.   I paid my subscription for a two year term in May 2020, and now they are taking features away.  Definitely not acceptable.     

I do not see much advantage for us in this new POS pro at this time.   It is not worth the $90/month extra.     We have some issue with connectivity as well with the Semi-integreated Moneris terminal and Shopify.   And no one wants to take responsibility for the problems I have (Moneris tells me to talk with Shopify and Shopify tells me it's a Moneris problem).

I'm afraid the new POS is going to have a whole new set of problems. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

My biggest issue with the new POS is how long it takes to check someone out.  I updated and promptly had to roll it back. New feature set is great if you are only processing a few items at a time. An average checkout for me is 15+ items. It would be nice if you could just start scanning bar codes without having to hit the scanner button on the screen each time. Also, after scanning the unique UPC code, you still have to manually select the item after it pops up on screen. This adds to the check out time for each individual.

1 Like