POS + Mailing List?

Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1

Is there a way with the POS to use ask customers if they want to be on the mailing list or a way to use their email for that?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the question. Definitely, you just toggle on "Accepts Marketing" when adding the customer in the POS app. Is that not working for you?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1

Andrew, 

where is that option? I haven't seen it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

3rd screenshot: http://docs.shopify.com/pos/operating-pos/cart/associate-customer

You can also click on the customer in the cart after they have been added to see this screen.

Hope this helps,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1

Andrew, thanks for the help. So I have to create a customer every time someone buys something? I don't currently do that. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Justin, attaching a customer to the sale is optional.  You can add a customer by tapping the Add Customer button when you are adding items to the cart, but you do not have to.  You can checkout without selecting or adding a customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1

Would you recommend "add a customer" when I do a sale or is that just time consuming?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a way to make it ask the customer if they want to receive the online newsletter when they type in their email address for a receipt on the POS app? I don't create customer accounts for each order in store but most customers are happy to type in their email for a receipt. Seems time consuming and asking too much personal information before I even ring them up....

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I found that if you add the items the customer wants to the cart in the POS app then go into the cart page you will see "Select Customer" under the products they are purchasing. Select the plus icon to the right then select the plus icon in the top right corner. You can then add their info before taking payment and ask if they want to be on the email list, there's an option for accepts marketing at the bottom. Hit save and you should be good to continue with checkout. 

Hope this helps as I was searching for the same thing and then started messing with the app more and came to this work around. Haven't tested it yet but I will be soon. 

Good luck!

0 Likes