POS Partial Orders with Removed Items

Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
947 79 202

So for our purposes, we are creating a dummy special order item in Shopify as a new product. When the real product arrives from the vendor, we were going to remove/return the dummy item and add the real one.

I'm surprised that no one has run into this bug, but the POS order details don't remove the removed/returned items from the order subtotal. It keeps them there. The only place in Shopify that properly tallies up the line items is the web admin order details. The web admin order search page that shows all orders isn't correct either. 

Screen shots below. Any feedback? This seems to be something that is a glaring flaw.

Correct!Correct!Incorrect?Incorrect?

0 Likes
brmitch2
2 0 0

I am running into this same issue. Our daily revenues appear to be off by the amount that was returned. Did you ever figure out an answer? 

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
947 79 202

What I wound up doing for accounting reporting purposes was create a routine, pulling all partially-paid orders via the API. I would use those order details to determine what each customer has in partial payment deposits, in-store credit charges, etc. Since the Shopify front-end wasn't cutting it. This seemed to plug this somewhat-significant gap. Our company has one subsidiary that uses Lightspeed Retail and we are scoping out Shopify POS for our other subsidiary. I can tell you that both platforms have some gaps, and for us the reporting/analysis workarounds primarily involved pulling transactional details via their respective API's, port them into local SQL Server, and then slicing and dicing things as we need.  

0 Likes
brmitch2
2 0 0
Got it. That's a bit more sophisticated that what we are doing. I think I
located the source of these errors coming in from another platform,
CommentSold, where returns are not being recognized in Shopify. I am going
to try to work with them to understand if it can be corrected or if I will
have to manually account for it. I appreciate your quick response. Good
luck! Sounds like you figured out what you needed.

0 Likes