Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 12.08.46 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 9

This is crazy, to no be able to do returns are exchanged from the POS??

We can't edit the receipt??

I just do not understand the prepuce of Shopify going in this direction other than to take advantage of people financially!!    

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

The deception is only $89 per month, But add that to the $79 per month for a growing business plan.

$168 Per Month for some basic functions. Sell, Return (once) & still no manual returns.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 25

you can do returns but not exchanges. definitely annoying, but you just have to do a return on the old item and then process a new purchase. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

At $168 a month you still can’t do a manual return.

If a customer wants to return a gift without a receipt, Paid by cash, no sale to attach the item to, you cannot return the item other than stopping everything and go to your admin on the computer and issue a gift card.

Ya, like I want my employees having access to my computer. Taking the time to issue a gift card and maybe additional cards. What if the return has a value of $5. It cost more to do the return in labor and cost of the card that to just give cash back. 

This is such a great value for $2016 a year!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 25

pretty sure it's the same as always, you search under orders (no receipt is definitely a pain), find the item, and process a return. It's just the "exchange" button that's missing. Also I think "restock" toggle is gone too. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Here in the UK, retailers are not compelled to offer returns - our policy is that if an item is brought back within 14 days, the customer is welcome to an exchange or a credit note. This exceeds the statutory minimum requirements, and helps us small independent retailers protect their cash flow. If we can't offer exchanges as standard, our policy then has to change to 'full refund' rather than an exchange system.

The whole thing is overpriced and really poorly timed - retailers are super busy prepping for Christmas and don't now have time to explore alternatives.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

This feature is a retailers choice. Our policy is we will return anything damaged or not. If we sold it we will return it. They may get a gift card but on small returns under a few dollars it cost more to send an employee to the computer taking them away from the sales floor to issue a gift card. (that cost $1.25)

Then your employee has access to your computer and sales, which is none of there business. They can also issue fraudulent gift cards as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 14 51

Hi, everyone.

My name is Olivia and I am part of the Shopify Team.

We thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us, and I further wanted to direct you to this thread on the All-new Shopify POS. This will help us ensure all feedback is kept organized in one thread, and that we don't miss any of your comments.

Please continue to engage with us there should you have any more feedback to provide.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes