POS Problem - Daily register not attaching

claire_fatherra
2 0 0

We have recently run some updates on our iPad and after a few days of trading with no issues we have now lost the ability to open and close the register.

The register is not showing splits in the daily sales and the usual (+) icon is not there as an option to attic the daily register.

In an effort to fix this issue we have:

- uninstalled and reinstalled POS twice.

- Reset once.

- Updated the iPad to the most recent IOS 8.0.2

- Force closed the till.

- Turned to the off the option for Settings /Register /Open Close Shifts and then turned this back on again.

Is anyone else having this issue? We are keen to get this problem resolved.

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi Claire,

The "+" icon to the right of the Register Shifts title isn't present when there's an existing open register in the list. Do you have an open register already? You'll need to close it first.

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
Fiona_Kirkcaldi
1 0 0

Hi Carson, I work with Claire.

As far as I can see, there is no open shift that needs to be closed. The last shift that's showing in the Register list is Friday, 26 September 2014, which was closed at 5.04 pm.

This morning I went into Settings>Register>Open/Close Shifts. I tried sliding the Open/Close Shifts off and a dialogue box popped up inviting me to close an open shift (even though I couldn't see any that were open). I closed it and it said it had closed with $934 in the till. But I'm still not getting a "+" symbol in the Register tab with which I can open a new shift.

I tried deleting the app again and reinstalling, but it still hasn't fixed the issue.

This is becoming fairly urgent as it's meaning our till doesn't balance at the end of the day which makes reconciling difficult.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Carson2
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
67 0 3

Hi Fiona, 

Please call in to support, it sounds like a register shift hasn't correctly closed. Our dev team is following up on this.

Product Manager at Shopify
0 Likes
claire_fatherra
2 0 0

Thanks for the assistance with support. This issue was fixed by:

Going to: Settings | Register | Select "Close"/"Off" for "Open/Close Shifts", then force-close the application and then restarting the iPad.

0 Likes