POS Receipt and Refund button

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Everyone,

How can we print receipt and take payment for internet order in the POS? The two buttons are always grey out for internet order. But for POS order they work fine.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
100 0 7

Hey there Bobbie!

Justin here from the Shopify Support Team! Thanks for reaching out to us today! 

I have thought long and hard about your problem, and I have also reached out to our POS Team for further help. After further investigation I was able to find out that you can access the Order Printer App within the Shopify POS App itself. See below: 

And then you would be able to print from the Order Printer App of the older order:

Now, you would have to create an Invoice/Tempalte that would have to be small enough to print on your printer. Now this would not be the perfect set-up. But this would be the best work-around for the lack of functionality to print Online Order from the POS App. 

Let me know if you have any other questions at all ! 

Regards,

Justin | Shopify Support Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Justin, 

Sorry for my late reply. For some strange reason, I didn't get a notification for your reply...

Anyway, thanks for your answer and I really appreciate it.

A little more background why we need this. We are a very small Thai restaurant, just 10 tables. On a average night we have 20+ telephone orders. These phone orders are great but some people just do not have the menu on hand and they keep asking "what do you have?". Each order takes around 5-10 minutes. You can do the math.

While we have want them to order online, we don't have the luxuary to keep checking the iPad or phone for new order notification and click the print button. We could just miss some orders like this.

POS orders has the option "Always Print" which is GREAT! But online orders does not which is the problem. We need the order to be printed automatically right when someone orders on our Shopify store.

We also want them to be able to pay-in-store just like how phone order would. So when they come and pick up the food, we can use the POS to process the payment.

In fact, all we need in the Shopify POS app are enabling the two buttons (receipt and payment) and the options for auto printing for all orders, regardless of channel.

It is extremely likely that any merchant who are interested in Shopify POS app are selling online (make sense right?) and would want their customer to come to the brick and mortar shop to pick up their online order. 

Why make it so hard for people to process all orders in one app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

By the way, I forgot to mention, we tried your solution on TSP143LAN and it does NOT work. The Order Print app does not recognize POS printer.

0 Likes