POS Satisfaction

Davy1
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

I keep reading bad comments about how Shopify's POS is weak but most important that company keeps it's customer in the dark about roadmaps, updates and upcoming fixes Basically there is zero certainty about anything. We currently use Magento and have a functional POS but are in search of a better world...fully managed integrated systems for ECom and POS.

Would you say look somewhere else?

0 Likes
Greg_Stare
Excursionist
19 0 6

Absolutely not. The POS is improving every month and started out pretty darn good. Add to that a robust app store and you'll be hard pressed to find anything better for the price. There are many specific needs that different small businesses have and it would be impossible for Shopify to meet them all. Good luck!

Jason41
Explorer
53 0 18

Gregg is correct that not everyone's needs will ever be met.  BUT there is need to ensure execution meets with basic execution requirements for retailers.  When you need a video to show how to effect an exchange then maybe your process is simply wrong and instead of finding a work around try actually solving the issue.  It has been over a year and Shopify still does not allow a negative order from POS to conduct a return or exchange which is the easiest way without having to resort to arcane procedures like store credit or gift certificates with 10 steps and poor reporting of trade on your own back end. Not to mention that Shopify does not allow its POS users to accept an in store return of an online order from its own platform. Imagine that, you sell online through Shopify platform and customer comes in for an exchange or return and your Shopify POS tells you to break out paper and pencil and adjust inventory by hand.  Now call me crazy but this is basic retail 101 that does not fall into the camp of 'well we can't be all things to all people'.  

0 Likes
Harold_Steinhar
Explorer
52 0 48

Improving every month?  I've seen some, but very little improvement in the 8-9 months as a Shopify POS user.  

Greg_Stare
Excursionist
19 0 6

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry that Shopify has been such a travesty for some of you. Anyone want to take a stab at addressing Davy's search of a "better world"?

0 Likes
Harold_Steinhar
Explorer
52 0 48

Lightspeed?  Might be better, might be trading one set of problems for another, but I'm likely to give them a try.

0 Likes
Alex166
Shopify Partner
66 0 10

Give Lightspeed a try from what I read their onsite POS does look solid.  We got the shopify POS since November and there has been one update to the POS, which didn't fix the issues I found the first week of using it.  But hopefull Shopify will fix the issues soon, they did say they are working on it...but then again some people have been waiting year for issues to get resolved.  

0 Likes
Alex_M3
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
287 0 62

Hey all,

I think one of my co-workers mentioned this in another thread, but we don't often give a lot of detail out about our roadmap. A lot of that is making sure that we don't make promises we end up not being able to keep, so you can be sure if one of us tells you that something's coming down the pipe that it's finished and that we're really excited for you to know about it.

'Integrated eCom and POS" covers a whole lot of ground! I'm guessing you might have tried out our POS for a bit and found it not ideal for your situation, or is it more that reviews are turning you off?

What does that integration mean? Where do you think we're falling down on this compared to other POS programs on the market?

Let me know! Anything you throw up here we can have a look at and see what we can figure out. Feedback is always being looked at, even if we're not as chatty on the forums as we could be. :)

-Alex M.

Shopify Guru | support@shopify.com

0 Likes