POS Update - Printer not printing.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 8 25

Some things I would suggest, as it has helped me in the past:

• Reset network settings on the iPad. So that all connections will be wiped out and can be manually reconnected. 
  • Delete and reinstall the Shopify POS app. In case some cached data or settings are causing an issue.
0 Likes
Explorer
52 0 40

@Greg_Kujawa wrote:

Some things I would suggest, as it has helped me in the past:

• Reset network settings on the iPad. So that all connections will be wiped out and can be manually reconnected. 
  • Delete and reinstall the Shopify POS app. In case some cached data or settings are causing an issue.

This just happened to us in the middle of the day in the middle of a shift for no apparent reason.  We have an older TS100 LAN version plugged into a WiFi bridge.  Resetting the network settings on the iPad did the trick.  When I did that and then opened the Shopify POS app, it made me re-log in with the administrator password and it completely reloaded the store from scratch.  I did not need to reinstall the app to force these changes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, LuLu, 

Im experiencing the same issue here recently. I did talk to the support team but til now there is no any solution and reply. 

All my 4 locations the mpop printer just not working with the shopify pos. 

However, the printer all work fine itself with other apps or mpop utility. 

I did try resset few times and updates, delete, reinstall.... everything, but all not working. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

This just started happening with our mPop as well. I have to force quit the Shopify app, then it will work once. Then I have to force quit again. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Had same problems with POS star mPoP till today. Till wouldn't print or open. Reset using the following method

If the pairing fails - so if there’s still ‘Not Connected’ displayed - turn off the mPOP. Then click the little ‘i’ right next to ‘Not Connected’, then ‘Forget this device’ and confirm this step with ‘OK’. Then you have to perform a soft reset on both devices. Don’t worry, this won’t delete anything on your iPad.

First make sure that your mPOP is really turned off. Then locate the tiny red button (‘RST’) right next to the small socket for the iPad charger on the bottom side of the mPOP. Then push that button and continue pushing it while you turn on the mPOP and wait until the red light has been turned off and only the blue left remains on. Then release the red button. If you are not sure if you’ve performed that step correctly, repeat it, starting with turning the mPOP off again. When you have succeeded turn off the mPOP again.

Then take your iPad. If you have any unsaved content in apps, save it now. Afterwards click the home button and you’ll be redirected to home screen. Then start pushing the power button (on the top right side of the iPad) and the home button simultaneously up until the apple logo appears. Wait for the iPad to restart and then turn on the mPOP again. Open ‘Settings’ on the iPad and then ‘Bluetooth’ on the left side. Next click ‘STAR mPOP’, wait for the pairing attempt and confirm. It will take your mPOP and iPad some seconds to pair; finally the iPad should show ‘Connected’.

Still didn't work. Uninstalled shopify POS app and reloaded updated release 5.46.0 - A sales transaction will work once or receipt prints once then all-stop.

Having added mpop utility app from the app store  I was able to verify connection between Mpop and ipad was working correctly - You can test both cash draw and printer works successfully via this app.

Therefore I conclude there must be a problem with the Shopify App following recent updates with Apple 13.3 & Shopify POS app 5.46.0

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Same here :(
Frustrating:((((((((
No any solution til now from shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks Shopify - Fix seems to works (5.46.1)

0 Likes