POS crashing

Highlighted
Explorer
49 0 23

Randomly crashing at cehckout. The large botton at bottom right just randomly diappears and cannot checkout or when scanning an item the deep sounds but the ipad does not acknowledge all the while the scanner remains confirmed connected.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
49 0 23

Shopify told me to delete the App and reinstall.  Within 18 hours of doing so the app locked up and required full reboot of ipad.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
289 0 221

Hey Jason,

Before the reinstall, you hadn't ever had a total freeze of the application, correct?
Besides recommending a reinstall the other two things we often check are if the app is up-to-date (which you can check by heading to the Apple App Store and seeing if there's an update pending) and what OS version you're using.

Would you be able to let me know what OS version you have, and which model of iPad you're using?

Let me know how I can help!

Have a good day! 

-Alex M.

Shopify Guru | support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
49 0 23

Alex - this issue has been documented extensively in direct discussions with your team.  It should show up on my account as having been an issued identified by your team and fix has been included for next update.  Please ask your manager for guidance on how to assess issues that have been addressed.

0 Likes