POS for ecommerce and brick and mortar store

davidols
1 0 0

We're trying to decide on the best integrated solution for a website and brick and mortar store. In researching shopify, I see it seems to be mainly focused on the online world. 

My question: Do any of the marketing apps work for both? I would like to offer a loyalty program for both my online and offline customers.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Dave,

We launched our POS platform only about 3 months ago so most of our apps are still geared towards online sales as you may have noticed. However as we expand our POS footprint be sure to watch the retail apps grow. 

Right now Shopify provides all apps with the ability to support POS orders, however, it depends on the app maker on whether they choose to take advantage of this support or not. Best thing to do is reach out to the specific app provider and inquire about their support for Shopify POS.

Hope this helps,

0 Likes
Roy_Tucker
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

How do you distinguish the products in your Shopify inventory to be available by either retail only, or online ? 

0 Likes
Roy_Tucker
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

I figured it out.

Nicely on the product page now, there are options for Online Sales (viewable or hidden) and a POS (hidden or visible).

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Roy,

I was just about to reply.

Let use know if you have any other questions,

0 Likes