POS freezing trying to select existing customer

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

We're really having trouble with our POS getting stuck trying to load when we go to put a sale through and are trying to look up an existing customer.

It's like when it sleeps it really doesn't want to wake up!  It gets stuck spiralling trying load but just can't.

We either have to go and create them again as a new customer, which is embarrasing and not a good experience for them, or jump off the POS and do it via the shopify admin on a computer - not smooth either.

Also experiencing the "printer disconnected/preinter connected" issue on waking.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Has anyone found a solution?

Help really appreciated!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 14

Hi Trevor,

Please provide us with more details so that we can help...

- What iPad/iPhone version are you using?

- What activity causes Shopify POS to become frozen?

- Does Shopify POS eventually recover from being frozen? How long does it stay frozen?

- When you mention "sleep", do you mean opening Shopify POS after not using it for a while?

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Make sure your ipad has been updated to the latest ios update

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 13

since the latest update a few days ago, we have been experiencing a hangup when adding the customer name, phone and email to checkout. it is not allowing us to hit save. it just happened with the most recent update and we are using AppCard for loyalty and that requires the customer phone number, any ideas how to fix this problem? thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Tyler - we are the same.  I've just e-mailed support on this.  You can add a customer name, but the moment you progress to the next field (e-mail or telephone) the option to save the customer goes.  This is a BIG problem for me in my store since I take a lot of bespoke orders for delivery that require full customer details

@Shopify - are you aware of this issue??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Any one figure this out? It is killing my POS right now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 0 14

Hi Ryan,

This should be fixed in the latest version of Shopify POS. Can you confirm that you're on the latest version of Shopify POS available from the App Store, and that you've updated your iPad to the latest iOS version?

Thanks,

David

0 Likes