POS pause sale, tax inclusive, negative sales

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

We are using shopify POS and enjoying it most of the time in comparison to what we had. BUT here are a few things we would love to have working soon.

Q1.    Is there anyway to pause a sale in POS so you put through another sale while the 1st customer continues to browse? This seems to happen frequently in our store and it's always a little annoying for us and the customer to have to re-enter order if they want to add anything later. We are aware that you can mark an order as unpaid but we can't add or edit the order on their return. This would be very useful.

Q2.   Also I saw a reply in the forums saying that tax inclusive pricing will be available in POS mid November? Is this correct? Are you on track with this?  We are using the work around at the moment but it causing us considerably more work fixing minor discrepancies than we would like.

Q3.  We can't wait to be able to do negative sales for returns I know your working on this were really looking forward to this feature. Is it coming soon?

Cheers Nick.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Nick, thanks for the questions. 

Q1.    Is there anyway to pause a sale in POS so you put through another sale while the 1st customer continues to browse? This seems to happen frequently in our store and it's always a little annoying for us and the customer to have to re-enter order if they want to add anything later. We are aware that you can mark an order as unpaid but we can't add or edit the order on their return. This would be very useful.

There currently is not a way. I have heard this request from a few customers now though and I would say this feature will come fairly soon.

Q2.   Also I saw a reply in the forums saying that tax inclusive pricing will be available in POS mid November? Is this correct? Are you on track with this?  We are using the work around at the moment but it causing us considerably more work fixing minor discrepancies than we would like.

I can actually send you a beta build for this this week. Shoot me an email at andrew.paliga@shopify.com

Q3.  We can't wait to be able to do negative sales for returns I know your working on this were really looking forward to this feature. Is it coming soon?

Currently the best way to exchange items is to refund them to store credit, then use store credit to purchase the items in a different size. I know this is a little tedious but it should keep you inventory numbers organized. We are definitely thinking about how to allow returns with negative sales but it's not on the roadmap yet. It will take us a bit of time to implement something like this as currently only existing orders can be refunded in Shopify. We are still not 100% sure on what's the best way to solve this.

I hope this helps,

0 Likes