POS product search

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

We have two physical locations using POS and we duplicate products across collections so we can separate inventory.

This seemed reasonable at first but its actually turned out to be a gigantic PITA because the POS search always includes results from both collections. So its impossible for staff to differentiate the product for the store they are working in when the product appears in both stores.

I'm thinking I will have to work around by naming the products differently. e.g prefix them w/ a store code.

However, our product names can be long and its already a problem that similar products w/ a common prefix cannot be easily differentiated in the product browse/search results screen.

I would really like it if I could 1) search/filter within collections in the POS app and 2) customize product display format via liquid.

Are any of these things likely to happen soon?  Alternatively, does anyone have a good work around for either issue? It really makes our checkout process totally error prone and we can't keep accurate inventory across locations because of this.

Cheers,

-James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
50 0 7

Hello!

Matt from Shopify here, hope you're having a great week so far. In regards to your questions, currently I'm not aware of the POS team immediately adding in those capabilities. But I've gone ahead and added this as a feature request for you, so if/when it is added you'll be notified directly. 

In the mean time what I've seen merchants use to manage inventory for multiple locations (online + POS) is using the 3rd party app, Stitch Labs. (https://apps.shopify.com/stitch-labs). A full breakdown and contact info for the apps support team can be found at that link. 

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the rest of our support team 24/7! 

Cheers,

Matt Sharpe l Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
53 0 17

Another block and tackle reply from Shopify 'employee'.  

0 Likes