POS support for weight / price encoded barcodes

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi, is there any way to add support for reading weight embedded barcodes to the POS?

Like the kind that you find at grocery stores that sell prepacked meat and produce by weight with and encoded barcode then the POS terminal reads that barcode and takes the SKU and weight from it and updates the customer cart automatically.  

thanks

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

We need this also or we can't fully integrate with your POS. We would love to integrate as soon as this is available.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Did you ever find a solution to this or an answer? I'm having the same struggles and haven't had any luck.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi. I have been working with shopify team, independent app developers (ie hire an expert) and investor relations department of shopify. All confirm that price embedded barcode functionality is not natively supported by shopify pos at the moment and furthermore development of an independent app is not possible at this moment with the existing API. If you have an immediate need there is a company called Vend.com in the US that has just announced native support for price encoded barcodes. I hope that shopify announces at least a pilot project in the near future. I for one would be interested in participating as our business desperately needs this functionality asap. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Correction it's vendhq.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
126 11 19

Hi @test_pilot @Meredith_Bell @lobdt4 ,

I am an app developer and have a working prototype for an embedded Shopify POS app that can scan price-embedded barcodes (UPC-A, EAN-13) and automatically insert the corresponding product or variant and insert it into your cart. I am currently seeking beta testers. I will message each of you individually and If anyone else reading this is interested, please send me a direct message.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks for your reply! I'll check that out and look forward to potentially seeing what you guys come up with!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi policenauts,

We are interested in this feature as well, and would not mind testing it out. Will direct message per your request.

1 Like
Highlighted
Pathfinder
126 11 19

Hi all,

I'm happy to share that the app is now live in the Shopify app store: https://apps.shopify.com/scan-price-embedded-barcodes

Here is a short video of the app in action: https://youtu.be/_a_lrNI72qM

We suggest you use this app alongside the new Shopify POS on iOS. The app will function on Android and POS Classic, but it will automatically add taxes to each line item.  

Any questions or issues in terms of installing or getting set up, please don't hesitate to send me an email at hello@filljoy.co. Thank you!

0 Likes