Picking multiple items from one product line

3 0 0
Hi,

I’m Really hoping someone can help. One of the biggest issues we have in our store is picking. The issue is we sell packaged food items. Customer choose the meal they want and this requires our pickers to pick 5 components which are always the same no matter which meal they choose(types of vegetables /sauces etc) then packed ready for local delivery. The issue we have is our pickers are missing items. For example

The order will be for 3 chicken. Now to the pickers they actually need to collect 4items for each chicken order.

3 chicken, 3 purée, 3 vegetables, 3 sauces etc these additional items that make up the order are really important to keep in our inventory but they are not for general sale and they can only have 1 per main meal.

Ideally when the customer orders the 3 chicken we want to be able to print the order out for the pickers so it says all the items they need to collect. I’m Guessing we can use our shoplift pos printer to create the order print outs with the delivery address so these can be attached to the packed orders.

At the moment I’m thinking that we add all the additional items as products but hide them from any main navigation but still ‘available’. Then use bundle builder to create a bundle package, hopefully with some strict parameters so only one of each can be ordered.

Can some one tell me if I’m going mad or if this might actually work ?!!

Many thanks

D
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
I should also mention that the customer can’t change these particular options.
0 Likes