PoS Loyalty?

Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 16

Are there any plans for a loyalty program? We are already capturing emails at the register etc. Most other systems have this in place.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Cory,

Thanks for the feedback.

What kind of loyalty program would you find useful? Have you taken a look at the loyalty programs available in our app store?

https://apps.shopify.com/search/query?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=loyalty

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 16

The features I'm looking for are:

A rewards system. Either visit based or amount purchased based. Every $1 you spend, you earn a point lets say. Redeem points for prizes.

Fan gating: Sign up for facebook, get 50 pts. Leave us a review on yelp get 100pts etc.

I'd really like the option for membership cards. So that my customers can receive a discount and bring up their customer profile when scanner via scanner or card reader.

I've tried S loyalty so far and it didn't work. Talking to the dev, and got this response:

Hi Cory,

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry that we currently don't support Shopify POS because of the lack of necessary APIs. We approached Shopify about it and we are still waiting for an update from them.

Yours sincerely,
Alex

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Hi Andrew,

This is William from S Loyalty and let me add more context here. In a Shopify event I ran into Brennan Loh. I told him that we were interested in supporting Shopify POS but one of the biggest challenges was to provide a way for merchants to see loyalty-related info and to take loyalty-related actions within the Shopify POS app. Brennan said that Shopify was aware of the challenge and APIs was a possible solution. Please let me know if you have any update on this. Thanks!

Cheers,

William

Cofounder | william@sloyalty.com - S Loyalty | www.sloyalty.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 16

This is the response  I received from the promotify loyalty app people when I asked if their app supported the PoS:

Hi Cory,
I'm afraid not, and we don't have any existing plans to include it :(
-Ryan

While I appreciate the suggestion to search the word loyalty in your app search. I had already done research before posting to this forum. At this time I've yet to find any loyalty app that works with the PoS.

This is something that I'll need addressed. Otherwise it'll force me to look into alternatives. Even keeping track of points etc on the backend is enough. Doesn't have to have PoS front end right there. A simple email sent to the customer when they achieve an award level that they can print out and use in store would work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Cory,

Even keeping track of points etc on the backend is enough. Doesn't have to have PoS front end right there. A simple email sent to the customer when they achieve an award level that they can print out and use in store would work. 

You may be able to achieve this using one of the loyalty apps + our gift cards integration. I will look into this. Also, Shopify lets you sort your customers by top grossing and most orders. Perhaps that might work for you.

Thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 16

These are workarounds that don't address the problem. I'd consider it when gift cards work with the PoS. However that functionality isn't working yet either as far as I'm aware. 

The answer is we need a real solution to be developed. I appreciate you looking into it. This is one of the biggest features next to gift cards that PoS users need. In retail it's all about customer loyalty. Giftcards go hand in hand with that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
I agree with Cory in regards to the need to incorporate an app like S Loyalty into POS. Currently 95% of our business is done through POS which greatly limits the effectiveness of any online only loyalty app. The ability to accrue and use pts from POS would be a terrific update to an otherwise great POS program. Oh, and gift cards too.
1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
57 0 16

Still looking for an update on Loyalty and Gift cards. Gift cards for PoS were supposed to be "by the end of the month" last month that is...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Any update on this? I am looking into both Shopify and Shopify POS and i would also need a loyalty program based on a previous amount of sales.

1 Like