Pos Staff Access Limitation

Excursionist
23 1 14

Dear sellers,

Please add your suggestions on this topic so maybe Shopify Team does something about this issue.

• TOTAL SALES - We don't want all cashiers to see that day's total sales or past dates sales numbers.  That day`s sale is ok at least close the previous dates sales to normal employees
  • REFUNDS - We don't want all cashiers to do refunds. Newbies shouldn't be able to get a refund.
  • CASH DRAWER - We don't want all cashiers open the register whenever they want. At least create a log on timeline. So if it's short we can go check cam records.
  • GRADES- at least create different grades of employees with different access points.

I guess Product development team living on dreamland. These are important details of retail. Every day thousands of cash flowing. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
605 40 90

Hello!

This is Ren from Shopify's Social Support team. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. As it stands, there is a way to toggle some POS Staff permissions. You can find the details and steps here.

Any one of the following permissions can be toggled on and off:

-Access orders at any location
-Change location settings
-Change payment settings
-Change register shift settings
-Customize receipts
-Log out of the store
-Access apps
-Access Customers

At this time, sales viewing and cash drawer opening permissions are not changeable - though what I'd like to do is send this to our development team as a feature request. I agree it would be very beneficial to have a broader spectrum of permissions, especially on POS.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes