Possible to take orders at craft show and then ship later

Stephen_Weber2
10 0 0

We sell wall decals for people's homes and I have been playing with the idea of going to craft shows. People can look at different examples of what we do and can then order their custom decal. After the show we would go back to our shop, make the decal and ship it out to them. I want to be able to take custom orders because they can choose different colors and specify kids names, family names etc.

So... I'm curious if we would be able to use POS to take the customers order (have to be able to capture their shipping address at the time of order) and then have them pay for the order right away...but the order would still show that it needs to be fulfilled in shopify when we get back to our production shop.

www.segraphics-store.com

0 Likes
Allan_Godding
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 1

Hey Stephen, thanks for the question. You should be able to use POS in this case without any issue. A shipping address can be added directly to the cart and you can also toggle the order to 'unfulfilled' to mark it for later fulfillment.

As for order customization, you have a few options. Product variants can be used to handle any cases where you have a limited set of customization options (such as colors). For more free-form customization like names, you can enter it as a note on the cart.

All of this information entered in POS will be visible on the order in your web admin back in your shop!

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Stephen, I also wanted to add that if unfulfilling your orders is the norm rather than the exception, you can set your order fulfillment state to be "unfulfilled" by default in the app general settings.

0 Likes