Print a note on a receipt?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello... I am hoping someone can help me figure this out. Is there any way to print a note on a customer's receipt? We sell a lot of little crystal;s and items and sometimes the customer needs some extra information about their purchases. In all the systems I have used previously I could add a note that could be printed on the receipt (example: rose quartz for love, citrine for positive energy, etc.) It appears that in Shopify POS the note field does NOT print on the receipt. Is there any way to print it? Or is there some other way to do what I am tying to do? Thank you in advance...

--Storm 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Storm,

We will be adding this exact functionality very soon. Should be less than a month. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Wow! Thank you so much for your fast response! :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 43

What's the status of this?  I just had email with a "guru" about the need to show notes on a receipt - in my case to show serial numbers - he pretty much said that was not possible and gave no indication that it would.  Shopify should know that I ring these sales (my big ticket items) in another system so I can add information not available in Shopify POS - that means I use a different credit card processor as well, so Shopify Payments is losing out on my big ticket items.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

Hi Harold,

The functionality is now available in our beta build. I will email you the link.

We hope for it to be in our App Store build by next week. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
39 0 33

Could you also print the customers name on the receipt?? Right now we can assign a sale to a customer but the name isnt printed on the receipt, we use the receipts to store items for the customer in our store room so right now we have to physically write the name (even though its associated in the POS!).. please...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 28

The next update will include this functionality as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 43

Thanks Andrew!

Being able to print a receipt note is helpful step!  Truth though, is it is still a work around (happily accepted) for my needs - which I believe several others have.  The more exact need would be line item notes - in my case to add a serial number - others may see another need/use for this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Has the ability to add serial numbers in the receipt been added yet?  I am very interested in this feature, even If I need to run beta.

Edit: I see this is for POS.  I'm looking for ecommerce solution.

0 Likes