Product options in shopify POS

Highlighted
1 0 0

I run a store selling cake. My online store uses line items (name=property[xyz] on selects) to keep trak of cake flavors and variants to keep track of the sizes. this has already been implemented on a large scale. However, we would like to start using shopify POS connected to this online store. My products show up, but there is no way to choose a cake flavor, only a size, so my question is: how can I make non-variant options like flavor, color...options in shopify pos?

I'm sure this has been done before seeing as a lot of people seam to use shopify to sell tshirts and the like which would also need this.

I have roughly 15 different flavors for each cake and about 500 cakes, so I cannot simply make a variant for each.

Thanks in advance,

Nicholas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

FYI, I have tried adding a variant for each combination of options, and would have almost 200 variants. The limit is 100 variants, so this would not be an option which is too bad since, with fewer variants, the multiple options in the pos was working nicely. Does anybody know how else I could add these options?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
6 0 1

Hey Nicholas,
Morgan here from Shopify. You could have a look at apps such as
Product Options: https://apps.shopify.com/product-options
or 
Product Customizer https://apps.shopify.com/product-customizer
to go beyond Shopfiy's variant limitations.

The functionality of these apps should translate your POS store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

that would be a great solution except the options do not translate to shopify POS :/ I can see the customized products on the website, but when I go to select a product in the pos system, there are no customization options whatsoever. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
19 0 5

Hi Nicholas

We're a little bit limited here at the moment.  We're working on a way to support apps at the POS in the fairly near future though that won't help you immediately.  I wish I had a better answer to help you right away.

One workaround may be to create more unique products in more collections.  That may work even though it's not ideal.

Guy

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Guy,

I'm currently in the process of setting up my own business and I'm still looking for the best option for my shop and webshop. The item which is discussed here is important for me view the fact that I offer fully customizable products. So I was wondering if this has been resolved in the meanwhile?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Timo

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Guy,

I'm in the process of starting up my own business in fully tailored apparel. Currently, I’m looking for the ideal webshop and POS. Shopify definitely got my attention, but I was wondering if the issue of integrating the customization apps in both the webshop and the POS are resolved? This is one of the key points for me view the fact that I expect the largest bulk of my orders to enter via POS.

Thanks,

Timo

0 Likes