Solved

Is there a method to verify a refund transaction in Shopify?

MarC168
Visitor
1 0 0

If the customer claims that they have not received their full refund after 10 days that I have refunded from my shopify store orders. Is there any way to confirm or proof of refund have been deducted and transaction made to my customer? 

Accepted Solution (1)
aimae
Visitor
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hello I have the case were the customer says they never received the money yet on the order timeline reflects the refund has been made. Can shopify provide us a proof of the refund?

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @MarC168 !

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! Can you let me know what payment gateway the merchant had used for payment processing when they had put through their order? You can find this information out by checking the timeline of the order. If it was Shopify Payments and it shows that the refund went through successfully on the order page of your Shopify Admin, then you would want to have the customer reach out to the bank or credit card company to inquire. If you're using a third party payment gateway, you can always reach out to their support team to see if there were any issues when refunding the customer. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

aimae
Visitor
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hello I have the case were the customer says they never received the money yet on the order timeline reflects the refund has been made. Can shopify provide us a proof of the refund?

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @aimae!

Karlie here! Can you tell me what payment gateway the customer paid with? You can check that out in the order timeline. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

karenbut40
5 0 0

Hi,

I have the same issue. The customer paid by card initially. The timeline says the refund was made on the 10th July. However it is now the 29th July and they are saying they haven’t recieved it.

How can I provide proof of this?

lyd

j030303
Visitor
1 0 0

Shopify Invoices will also display the refund amount if the customer wants documented proof